Monday, August 31, 2009

FYI

Homemade meatballs are totally not worth it.
I decided to try it tonight.
As I was removing them from the skillet a piece of beef exploded sending boiling-lava-hot butter on my arm and in my eye.
Thus the pic... (which i found in a random hallway at the Museum of Natural Science, I take no responsibility for how extremely offensive it is).
I screamed, which scared Olivia to death, and sent Kolby hiding under the table, so the "bubbles" wouldn't hurt him. Just then my chem-teacher-hubby walks through the door and gives me some lecture about flushing it out properly. Blah blah blah. I washed my eye while Daniel flipped the next batch of meatballs and the kids hid upstairs shouting "be careful daddy, don't let the bubbles get you!"
If you do want to actually make meatballs instead of just buying the frozen bag like any normal person would do, I would recommend safety googles. Unless you wanna end up like Carol.

8 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

HAHA That picture is HILARIOUS! I think that may have been in my Chemistry class in high school. Anyways, that is a very sucky story. However, if you want homemade meatballs, just do them in the oven. I had to make some like that for a cooking class a couple years ago. They turned out pretty ok :)

Jessica said...

or you could bake them...delicous and apparantly much safer. I have a fabulous recipe if you're intrested in avoiding "bubbles" or looking like Carol =)

Blogging By Brittany said...

Sabrina, this is Brittany and Nate Adams (formerly Lemons) we found you through the Blacks and added you to our blog!! We hope all is well!!!

Texasholly said...

Oh my gosh, that poster is awesome. Please tell me Daniel has it hanging in his classroom (unless he teaches some visually impaired students, that could be tacky).
Hope your eye is ok. That is why I never make things homemade :)

Stephanie said...

Holy smokes Sabrina. That is kinda scary. So I have a meatball recipe that doesn't make you loose your eye sight or have to visit the burn unit. I think I brought some to you?? My new motto: SHARE a recipe, SAVE a friend :o)

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!! I died... I just died.... this story is so funny, you are Hilarious Sabrina!! Or does Kolby deserve the credit?!?!? either way, Hi-larious...

Tracy and Micah said...

This is super funny, I LOVE the poster!! I might have to steal it for a work safety training program I am putting together.. or.. is it bad to scare people into being safe..?

Ben and Summer said...

Oh dear, I have to admit I thought that picture was AWESOME. But not awesome about your burns! Hope the meatballs were delicious...;)