Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sick Day

They watched Homeward Bound 2 and Little Mermaid and Hannah Montana.
I watched my baby shake and vomit all morning.
Then i watched her fall alseep in my bed.
As much work as it was, especially all the wash and trying to explain to my 2 year old that she could not have a snack, I was actually grateful to be a stay at home mom today.
Everything just got put on hold. I have no deadlines or mandatory meetings so the fact that i didn't shower til 2 had no effect on the day.
She felt well enough to play superheros with Kolby by 6pm.
I love how quickly children bounce back!
*
(Pardon the scraggle-muffin kids...did i mention it was a sick-day?)
*
And here's a video clip of "How to be a Superhero"...which turns into
"How to greet your Superhero" :)

8 comments:

Jessica Kettle said...

oooh. so sad! nothng like a barfing baby. hopefully kolby doesn't get it! i can't believe how big she is! i can's waaaaaiiiit for you to come out here!!!

Kylee said...

Hopefully she is all feeling better now. What a sad day. I LOVE how excited they are when their daddy gets home. So cute!!

Texasholly said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute how you caught their excitement about daddy coming home!

Also, glad Olivia is feeling better. Stomach flu is the worst!

Unknown said...

The kids reaction when Daniel got home was so precious! I am so glad you caught that on tape!

Jessica said...

ahhh...i love the "daddy" screams...precious. and your kids are precious it breaks my heart to see such a cute girl sick. it just feels good to be able to be home and take care of sickies, doesn't it. Oh and I have you to thank for all my themed week sucess...it's been so fun for us and I wouldn't have done it if I never saw your space week post...thanks for sharing that one long ago.

Lindsey said...

Could that have been any more adorable??? I LOVE how excited they got! DARLING!
I will act....Something like that when you come see me. I'll leave that to your imagination:) LOVE YOU
Glad little momma is feeling better.

Megan said...

They are so so cute! They make me smile. I love their reaction to "daddy" coming home! I am glad Olivia is feeling bette and hope all of you stay healthy too! You guys are so awesome...we miss you!

The Powells said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen when they both start jumping when Daddy gets home. I LOVE IT.