Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School Blues

sent my baby off to school today...ok not really just my hubby.
*
Woke up at 5:30am with kolby to suprise Daniel and make him breakfast for his first day back. Any of you who know me know that me getting up early when i don't have to speaks volumes. I've been so spoiled to actually have someone to share all the child care and housework with all summer. Man am i gonna miss my hubby for the next 10 months.
*
I thought i was being productive today. cleaned the upstairs, went grocery shopping, got my oil changed, folded and put away laundry, managed to sqeeze in a game of Trouble and Monster jam, made dinner before 7:00, had FHE and bathed the kids. Now i look at my house and see dinner dishes, Trouble pieces, brownies stuck to the floor, and a pooed-in bathtub thanks to Olivia. Perhaps I'll just be lazy tomorrow and have the same results.
*
Kolby at least made me giggle. Last night as Daniel and I were hugging he said "oooooh la la". Then he laughed so hard he fell off his chair.
*
And today when i passed a cop he said, "mom, there's a police car, you gotta slow down." After i turned the corner he said. "ok now the police is gone you can speed up". When I told this to Daniel with a frown on my face he explained that Kolby just had a natural instinct about the situation and it was through no fault of his that our son could be thinking along those lines.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

funny post. It sounds like you were very productive. Don't you just hate it when it's never enough?

You deserve a lazy day tomorrow!

Erin Darrington said...

I had a very similar day today! I thought I was super mom/wife, only to see all the dishes in the sink etc. Aigh, oh weel there's always tomorrow right? What degree is Daniel pursuing?

Anonymous said...

You sound like me!! I don't do mornings and feel very frusterated that a magic fairy doesn't ever show up to do the dinner dishes!!

Texasholly said...

Ha, I love little Kolby...he just cracks me up!

Is it weird that I read "brownies stuck to the floor" and suddenly got the urge to bake brownies?