Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Beheading...

This is what i did last night... Step 1. get my kids to hold still for a profile shot
Step 2. cut off their heads (just the photos i promise)
Step 3. trace on to black paper and cut again
Step 4. paste into adorable frames from IKEA
Viola! Silhouttes for my "music room", plus Olivia likes to run around the house talking with the kolby and olivia heads. They didn't turn out as big or as amazing as they were in my head but then again nothing ever does really:) It was still a fun and super cheap project. And most importantly a project that i actually finished in one day!!!

Also found this vintage poster from a piano book from the 60s thanks to my mother-in-law. It makes me laugh to think of some poor fool trying to play the piano with a piece of paper with a hole in it for their head to stick out. Now i just need some kind of music collage for the other wall and two chairs and the room will be complete. Good thing my piano students are finanacing my decor'.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! Good job:)

Unknown said...

The silhouettes look great!

I love IKEA and love projects you can do in a day!

Jessica said...

oh very cute! they look great...you crafy woman you

Texasholly said...

Those silhouettes look awesome!!! Where did you move the big mirror?

Julie Barnes said...

I LOVE IT!! I love it! Your music room is beautiful!

Jessica Kettle said...

yay! LOVE these. i am a touch obsessed with silhouettes.

Kylee said...

very cute! I also LOVE your wall...it all looks awesome.

Snedakers said...

Those are great. I've been wanting to do that but didn't know quite how.