Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inspired

Last night my fab sis-in-laws and i went to see Julie and Julia. Which i adored. I laughed out loud several times, got a wee teary eyed and felt inspired to do something more with my life. Not mention its totally a movie for bloggers:)
This morning I woke up and made this... (Blueberry-Cheese Rolls) sorry about the blurry pic, i would have taken a real pic since mine really were that scruptious looking but we ate them too fast!
I made it in less 10 minutes flat, spent less than $5 and served it with a strawberry smoothie...not the coffee. Of course Julia Child would be mortified by a can a cresent rolls but around here the only breakfast choices are Cheerios or Oatmeal Squares so that fact that i baked was huge. baby steps. Have no fear I have absolutely no intention of cooking. Just felt inspired to jump out of the mundane and try something new.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ok...you can't post that and not give the recipe out!! Please share those look/sound yumm-O!

Unknown said...

The rolls look yummy! I have wanted to see Julia and Julie. Glad to see it got good reviews from you!

Sabs said...

for those who can't read the blurriness:

1pkg (8oz) cresent rolls
4 (oz) Neufchatel Cheese

(oops i totally used a whole package of real cream cheese..i can't follow my own recipe)

2 Tb Sugar

1/2 blueberries

Oven 375

roll out dough in rectangles

spread cheese

spoon on berries

bring opposite corners together

bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 11-13 min

sprinkle with powdered sugar

Unknown said...

I HAVE BEEN DYING TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! so glad you liked it, I trust you your judgement Sabrina!!!

P.S. love the milk story, I laugh so hard when I read your blog. I really did LOL, I am not just saying that.

Texasholly said...

Mmm, that looks yummy! I wish the movie inspired me to cook, but I kept thinking how much time she was wasting on those recipes!