Friday, September 4, 2009

ABCs

Kolby is starting preschool next week with a bunch of friends from church. We are using the MotherGooseTime curriculum which is awesome because we each only paid $13 for materials and lessons from now til December.
I however could not control myself and had to do this cool idea i found online this week even before our "preschool" begins.
We reviewed our letters from last year by reading tons and tons of ABC books. Our fav was Zoopa, which inspired us to eat ABC soup. The kids also ate ABC spaghetti Os but I plugged my nose and fixed myself something else:)
The best activity was our ABC scavenger hunt. We just wrote all the letters on index cards and then I hid the cards around the house next to an object that started with that letter. Ex: D- door, L-lamp...
The kids had a blast and I was so suprised that Olivia even knew the letter M ( on the monkey chair) and the letter E (with the eggs). I guess i don't realize that she is actually listening when i teach kolby all these things.

6 comments:

Vudochki said...

Mckenzie just started "Mother Goose"! She LOVES it! I love it because it's at such a great price and all the materials are included! Have fun!

Unknown said...

My favorite ABC activity: one summer the kids and I ate our way through the alphabet using fruits and vegetables. For example, on "A" day we ate acorn squash, avocados, apples, apricots, artichokes, asparagus, etc.

We had so much fun doing this and really expanded our fruit and vegetable repertoire as well.

Some letters were really hard (X, for example) and others had so many that we really only tasted a few bites of everything.

Jessica said...

what a cute idea! i love coming to your blog and finding fun things to do with the kids...keep posting them all and good luck with your preschool.

Blogging By Brittany said...

I cannot BELIEVE how much they look like you Sabrina!! Your family is beautiful!! Absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Kolby is getting so big!! I can't believe how much he has grown! so cute Sabrina, you win the best mommy award for that..... I hope I am as motivated as you are when Janey gets that age....

Ben and Summer said...

How fun! I LOVE the scavenger hunt idea! I also love discovering that Emma is learning way more than I think she is, isn't it great? Kolby and Olivia are so lucky to have a mom who encourages their learning so creatively and in such fun ways!