Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09/09/09

what a cool day to have a birthday! its so symmetrical:)

Today my baby turned 4! yikes! 4 seems so much older than 3! I no longer have two toddlers, I have a toddler and a kid!

This week has been a little crazy so i was glad when we woke up that Daniel had left a box of sprinkle donuts, a bottle of chocolate milk, and a card for Kolby. I got a little teary reading the card. What a great dad.

Today was spent having our first day of preschool and it was at our house! It was so fun and Kolby was well behaved and he even repeated back all the things he learned to my mom over the phone so apparently he was listening!

This evening we will go get Kolby's fav food, chicken nuggets, and then we will go up to the church as I am in charge of the joint activity.

We will host preschool again on Friday and that evening I will throw him a Space birthday party so we can really celebrate!

Happy Birthday Little Man!

Here's a few of my fav things about you right now:

-you have an amazing memory! you tell us things that happened to you when you were only 18 months! its just crazy! and a wee scary!

-you love to learn! i think heavenly father knew i would need a child who would love to play school with me so that i wouldn't miss teaching:)

-you still take naps! knock on wood! thanks bud!

-you're a great big brother, you like to teach olivia how to do things too.

-you make me laugh everyday, whether its by jumping out and scaring me or making up a silly song, or just saying what's on your mind.

I love you tons and tons! maybe you should stop growing up now...i think this is as old as i can handle. Let's just stay young enough to play preschool and take naps and get chicken nuggets together FOREVER ok? ok.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to Kolby!! What a great kid he is!!! What a great dad he has leaving him donuts, chocolate milk and a card. I almost got teary-eyed too=) Hope he has a fun "space birthday party."

P.S. He is lucky to have you for a mom!!

Ryan and Brittany said...

happy birthday bud!!! I can't believe you are getting so old... and that your mommy is getting so old hehe. Sabrina you almost made me cry your message was so sweet.. you are such a good mom! hey if he ever gets tired of playing preschool, taking naps, and eating chicken nuggets.. i am here for you those happen to be my favorite things!!

Texasholly said...

Happy Birthday to the coolest kid around! Ellie and I went shopping for his present today and she inisited on what we got him. Seriously, I was trying to talk her into something else, but she stayed firm. Then I talked to mom about it and determined he already had it. Grrr.

Also? Now I really, really want some sprinkle donuts!

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday little dude!! I remember holding you for the first time!! CRAZY what a handsome young man you are:) LOVE YA buddy!!

Anonymous said...

I hope he had a great birthday. We celebrated Sophie's birthday tonight and I can't believe she's 1 already. My Aunt came and she works in the temple. They had tons of weddings today, because everyone wanted such a cool anniversary!