Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thy Will

I think all growing up i wanted to always do what was right, for the most part. (We may have to skip my sassy moments here and there). But when it came down to it I always wanted to get good grades, complete my goals, stay out of trouble...
*
I think i was pretty self-motivated whether it came to practicing the piano, studying for tests, going to seminary, and basically just living the gospel. Of course I wanted to be obedient for the sake of being obedient but i also just knew that it was right and that was what i wanted to do.
*
Then i got married and the whole idea of starting a family came in to play.
*
I must insert here for when my children read this... that i have never regretted any decision what so ever. I love my babies and am so grateful for them. The Lord just has always put more trust in me than i ever put in Him.
*
That being said, when it was time to make the decision to have Kolby i was honestly scared to death. I secretly hoped that it would take me a while to get pregnant so that i could better prepare myself. I got pregnant in 2 months. My world was completely rocked when i became a mother. I had no idea what i was doing and i lacked those "i just love babies" feelings. I felt that i was making a huge sacrafice but that i was willing because it was the Lord's Will.
*
Then i was suprised to find out i was pregnant with Olivia only 12 months later. I had felt even more unprepared and that perhaps I was too stubborn to follow the Lord's Will so it was forced upon me.
*
Every time i listened to General Conference i would get the feeling that my family was still incomplete. I shoved these feelings aside. I prayed to my Heavenly Father, "I feel so comfortable, so content, I finally love being a stay at home mom, i finally think I am doing a good job...why do i always have to be pushed to the breaking point?".
*
Then it dawned on me. If I would just make His Will My Will, everything would be so much easier. If I just did things because i wanted to do what was right, not because i felt forced to, everything would be easier. What if instead of always saying, "Fine, Thy Will be done" I could say "Yes, that is exactly what i was hoping for or yes that is just what i was thinking too". Wouldn't it be grand to be on the same page!
*
I don't know why this realization took me so long to figure out. I think i have trust issues.
*
All of a sudden I really wanted a baby. I experienced what i suppose most women are just born with. I saw little ones and just knew that that was what i wanted.
*
For the first time i totally planned a pregnancy. For the first time, reading that little blue plus sign filled me with complete untainted excitement.
*
For the first time i experienced some problems. One day the doctor told me I wasn't pregnant. The next day they called and said I was. I was an emotional basket case to say the least.
*
I am finally out of the high risk and since i have told some of you, or will see some of you shortly at the big wedding, or since my mother is dying to tell all her friends...
*
I have decided to announce that i am expecting baby #3. Due on May 10.
*
If you actually read all the above congrats you made it to the only interesting part:)
*
I just wanted to document this. Thanks for letting me bore you.
*
Motherhood continues to teach me and forces me to strengthen my faith on a daily basis. I am grateful that the Lord's Will always truly was my Will, even if it took me awhile to figure that out.

26 comments:

Texasholly said...

I am just so dang excited for you! And I am so thrilled that both my kids will have cousins close to their age.

I am sorry that I have been so wrapped up in my own little world that I have been oblivious to what is going on in yours! I feel like I have been a terrible sister (in law).

Megan said...

Congratulations-that is so exciting!!! I hope the pregnancy goes well and you and the baby are healthy. Thanks for your post. You are always such an inspiration! You are a wonderful mother and this baby is lucky to be born into such a great family!!

Ashley and Dave said...

Phew...I barely made it to the end of that post but I felt a climax coming so I had to continue ;)
Congratulations! I can't wait to see you this month...holy moly...THIS month! We wont be at the wedding, just the reception so hopefully you will still be around for that!
Congrats again!!

Frasure Family said...

How exciting! Another may baby. I was wondering when #3 was coming, but now that I have 2, it could be longer in between as well! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am really happy for you!

Kylee said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting! I hope you aren't throwing up a ton, and that you can actually enjoy your pregnancy. I can't wait to see pregnant Sabrina (although I am sure you aren't showing yet) soon!

Jessica said...

congrats sabrina. and I think you are such a great mom and such an isnpriation to a lot of moms, so keep up the good work and you'll be a fabulous mother of 3. I'm glad you're not as nervous for number 3 because I certainly am =) our kids are all sooo close in age...I wish we lived closer.

Stephanie said...

Love this post!! Congratulations!!!! You are such a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you for their mom! I always watch you and think to myself "if only I had half the patience you have". You are such a great example and I'm lucky to have you as a friend

Katie said...

Thats awesome!!!!! Im so excited for you! your babies are so cute i cant wait to see ....it? hehe

Jessica Kettle said...

aahhhhh!! i am so excited! congratulations girl! i a am so happy that you are getting the chance to really enjoy it too. this was an awesome post.

Ben and Summer said...

I love it. Congrats!! This baby is so blessed to come to your family. Now that I have #2 I completely understand why there is so often a large time gap between #2 and #3! Great post, thanks for sharing.

peterson said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. We are having a really hard time picking a name for girl #3 do you have any good suggestions?

Erin Darrington said...

i had the same feeling about getting pregnant. but then it did take me over 2 years to finally get there. Now I can't wait to keep moving forward. Congratulations, and here's to mommyhood!

Jeri said...

After reading your post, I don't know if I can put into words what I am feeling, it brought me to tears. I am so excited for you! You are such a great mother and your kids lucky to have you. They are so adorable and I love it when they get to come play with Max. You are such a great example to me, I strive to be more like you. Thank you for your friendship.

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh this makes me smile. I'm sure your mom or sister already told you this, but Brooke is pregnant too... with twins :) How ironic that you have been pregnant together twice! Congrats! I can't wait to meet the little one.

Tracy and Micah said...

I am so SO excited for you!! And, might I add to your post that your sassy moments were just funny? Never really bad?
So glad that we are friends and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

The Powells said...

HURRAY! I have to tell you though, I felt the SAME way you did after I had Tyson. I was like "wha???" But I know that this is what I always wanted too. You're post is really inspiring - thanks for writing it. I'm sure I'll be thinking a lot about what you said for the next few weeks. Congrats!

Dianna said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are an amazing mother!!! Maybe one day I can comvert over to his will and not my will. Now my brother will be getting a phone call from me later... finding out your pregnant on a blog. shame on him :)

jed-laura said...

congrats. I loved your post. Yes, I read the whole thing. Thanks for being a great example.
-Laura

Lindsey said...

I am pretty sure that I am STILL giddy about you having a bun in the oven. I can't WAIT to see you!! I LOVE YOU and see you in 13 days.

brandon frandsen said...

HOORAY!!!!! how exciting Sabrina!!!!! Another Little Lawton!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are amazing! I really appreciate you writing this! I am so happy for you guys, and you are a terrific Mom Sabrina.. seriously...the best!! Thanks again for sharing, this was absolutely beautiful to read! =)

Kandis Smith said...

YAYYYY!! Congrats--that's sooo wonderful!! :)

The Stockdales said...

Wow! Congrats my cute cousin! That's so exciting! Here's to a happy, healthy 9 months! I love you!

Love,

Niki

Snedakers said...

How fun! Things are ALWAYS okay when trust in the Lord. Congrats!

Stef said...

I know it's late but I haven't been on the computer much lately. I wanted to say congrats big time on #3!! I'm glad things went your way this time!!