Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Innocence

Caught this pic a few weeks ago and thought how adorable and innocent Kolby looked clinging to Plex, Teddy, and Preston the dinosaur. Don't you just wanna squeeze him?!
Here's a few recent Kolby Convos:
1. Daniel was telling the kids that they were smart.
Kolby: I know, because I have a brain. Its in my head under my bones.
Daniel: Who has a bigger brain, mommy or daddy?
Kolby: Daddy, because he's just bigger.
Daniel: But who is smarter, Mommy or Daddy?
KOlby: um kolby is!
good answer kolbs!
*
2. The other day my heart was breaking as Kolby looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're always tired and you're always sick!" I just had to tell him why.
*
Me: I'm tired and sick because there's a baby in my tummy
KOlby: You are having a baby? Just for me?!
Me: ya, well for our whole family
Kolby: We need to buy a carseat! Then the baby can go places with us and i will play with it. Is it a boy or a girl?
Me: I don't know. What do you think?
KOlby: Its a girl.
Me: Why?
Kolby: so she can share a room with Olivia and i will give her all of Olivia's dolls. I will be very careful with your belly and with the baby. We need to tell dad!
Kolby: You can go to the hospital and there will be nice doctors there and they will cut open your belly and pull the baby out.
I prefer to keep some of Kolby's innocence in the matter of child birth. His aunt is having a C-section so we may just let be the only known way to birthe a baby for now:) Certain realities are too scary for even me to contemplate at the moment.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should take Kolby's advice and tell "dad". lol

I love sleeping pictures.

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! I love the things kids say. And yes, some things ARE to scary to think about...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Brittany said...

wait your pregnant?? where have I been?? Hehe just kiddin... oh how i love kolby... he just is so dang cute and says the funniest things! you are so smart to write them down and remember them... remind me to do that when i have kids! love you... tell kolby i can't wait for my christmas present:) p.s. i accidently deleted the message above sorry :)

Erin Darrington said...

Very sweet!

Julie Barnes said...

Did I miss the post where you announced you were pregnant? Well congratulations!! Tired, sick... YEAH... and two kids to watch after. You are amazing!

The Aprecios said...

Im glad I wasnt the only one suprised by your announcement! Congrats! You guys SHOULD keep having kids because they sure turn out cute and hilarious!

jed-laura said...

oh that is just classic! Especially the part about telling Dad. ha.