Friday, October 9, 2009

Boys vs. Girls

On Monday i decided to have some girl time with Olivia. I painted her nails. She was soooo excited to show Kolby when we picked him up from preschool. Kolby responded with a sincere, "cool! those are nice". Unfortuneately her nails keep chipping so now she insists we paint her nails every morning, it's just part of her new routine.
********************************************************** On Wednesday Kolby found Transformers season 2 at the library. We're talking old old school here people! He is obsessed! He watches a couple episodes every morning, part of his new routine. ********************************************************** On Thursday I was spending some sweet time with the toilet, part of my new routine, and in an attempt to get Olivia to stop watching me hurl, i told her to go show Kolby her nails. Seconds later i hear screaming from both my children downstairs. I pause my sound effects to make sure they are ok but since i am so attached to the potty all i can to is listen. I hear Olivia screaming "Look at my nails!!!! Look at my nails!!!!!" and Kolby screaming, "I can't I'm watching Transformers!!!!!!" ********************************************************** I chuckle and then up chuck.

10 comments:

jed-laura said...

oh my poor dear, I am so sorry about the morning sickness, wow. You are so optimistic about it. Your kids are so cute.

Ryan and Brittany said...

ok you are so funny... i love that you are my sister... your blog is so entertaining even when you are talking about throwing up haha feel better.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the "morning" sickness. You do make me laugh though.

Did you want the directions for the cube (with McKayla's picture) or the boxes?

Send me your email address and I'll get you the directions for that and for the Cash Cab.

the other lawton's said...

love all the routine! even if it's puking! love ya!

Unknown said...

SABRINA!!!! I am sorry you got the pukies.... hopefully you feel better real soon!! my mom says the sicker you are the cuter the baby.... at the time i did not find it funny at all..... lol.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are sick!! I never thorw up when I pregnant, even though I REALLY want too--most days. You're kids sound hillarious and it's amazing how different girls & boys can be. Ben is really hoping you guys have a BOY, he's so worried about the "Lawton" name dying out, due to all the grand-daughters:) But he doesn't care if we have any boys, because he wants to use all the stuff I have for the girls for years to come......

The Powells said...

You are so funny even when you're sick. I hope that you feel better.

Lindsey and Brett said...

I'm a little behind on your blog, so a belated congratulations! Aside from the whole you being sick part, this is a hilarious story. :)

Stephanie said...

Well I know you probably are sick of being sick BUT I think you're on to something there. I'm thinkin I'm gonna add "puking" to my routine...whenever my kids are screaming at each other I'll hurry run into the bathroom, LOCK the door and tell them I'm sick :o) Then they can just work it out. I might even throw in some sound effects.

Hopefully you feel better soon!!

Kandis Smith said...

SOrry your sick--not fun!! But it will all be worth it right??? LOL

LOgan's totally into transformers as well--when they're on TV, he HAS to watch them!