Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

I took the kids to the playgroup egg hunt on Friday. Luckily my super amazing friend Abby totally bailed me out of being the lame-0 mom who didn't plan ahead and bring candy-filled eggs the day before...oops. And she made the adorable bunny cupcakes too! The kids had a blast and olivia somehow managed to eat all her candy before we got home and kolby managed to get all the eggs with stickers in them:)
I came home from playgroup to find that my hubby had folded and put away 3 loads of laundry! Happy Easter to me!! That night he took the kids to a track meet in Austin and i stayed at home to brave the crowds at Target and Walmart for last minute Easter shopping. My kids are old enough now that i can't sneak things in the cart and i seriously have been with them all the time!
Saturday morning we watched conference then picked up Daniel's grandpa at the airport and headed off for gma and gpa Lawton's.
We had fun dying eggs, eating yummy food, watching conference, and walking around the historic neighborhood.
Of course after all that sitting all weekend, on the 2 hour ride home i suddenly started feeling some strong contractions. I never felt contractions with kolby and i only felt strong ones with Olivia on the way to the hospital to deliver so i was slightly perplexed. I figured it was way too early to be going into labor but i was in some serious pain. I asked Daniel to talk to me to distract me and to pull over the next place he could so i could walk around. Daniel just started breathing like me. He said he needed to catch his breath. I burst out laughing. I didn't realize i was stressing him out. We stopped at McDonalds, i walked around and went pee. Daniel was scared i was gonna have the baby in the toilet so he made me bring my cell:) The contractions stopped. whew!
The next day i bought all my post pardum junk and packed my bag just to be on the safe side.

4 comments:

The Patterson's said...

For future reference, don't go for a walk when you start having contractions. It's the opposite thing you should do. Peeing was a good idea. Drink lots of water, go to the bathroom and lay down. Take it from someone that contracted for 7 months out of both pregnancies. I feel for ya. They are no fun!

Jessica Kettle said...

oh man! your kids are so stinking cute. i can't believe how big olivia is!! no fun with the contractions. boo. but seriously i can't wait for you to have your baby!! i feel like you have been pregnant forrrreeeeeveeeer. which is not good because that means i will be pregnant forever too. great. do you have a name yet!?

Abby said...

Haha, you are definitely not a lame-o Mom!! You just have that babybelly in your way and it's a lot of work all by itself..especially when you aren't sleeping! And since I can't help the belly situation, the least I can do is fill some eggs for ya!

Anonymous said...

You're much more prepared than I am! I have had bad contractions for a month now -- never did before, well not this early:) And you've got so much accomplished, I'm still waiting for the "nesting" phase, I am so dead tired ALL the time:)