Monday, April 12, 2010

Growing...

We're doing a lot of growing 'round these parts...
Garden- here comes our first strawberry. Its amazing how exciting one piece of fruit can be. Reminds me of one of my fav books, The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the BIG HUNGRY BEAR. You should read it then you'd want to come eat my strawberry. FOr FHE we may have to slice this baby in 4ths:)
The fact that we haven't killed our veggies or flowers yet...pretty amazing! Ah yes, and I'm still growing that baby. 36 weeks. The fact that i still own a couple shirts to cover the belly, really amazing!
Oh and a pic of my feet last june to compare with a pic this morning. Yes the swollen feet are growing at a rapid rate. The only shoes that fit are the huge crocs and even then its a tight squeeze. I feel slightly like the ugly step sister trying to squeeze into Cinderella's glass slippers. At any moment my shoes will pop off and shatter.
amazing? nope. just disgusting.

5 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

And also hilarious. Sorry, I can't help but giggle at swollen feet. And I feel like I'm allowed, since I too have experienced the fat feet syndrome. Mine came post pregnancy though... weird.

Congrats on the strawberry! That's so exciting. I hope one day I can have a cute little garden like yours. :)

Frasure Family said...

That's awesome your garden is growing. Looks great. Remember in our children's lit class we anylzed that book for an hour?? It's one of my favs too! Good luck on the next few weeks!!

The Patterson's said...

Oh that looks uncomfortable. Not much longer though. I'm so jealous of your garden. It's still too cold for our strawberries. We planted them last year so I'm hoping for a lot of them this year.

Jessica said...

haha, love the comparison. you're feet will be ready for those sandals in no time =) and great job on your garden!

Stacey said...

Hi, I justhappened upon your blog and enjoyed reading it. I was pregnant two years ago and my feet have never been the same. I will visit again and check in. If you have time check out my blog.