Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Baby Story

Naomi Kathy Lawton
joined our family Wed April 21, 2010 @ 9:26am
7 lbs 4 oz
20 in.
Now for the story...still debating how to handle this one. Its kinda long and dramatic so i will try to just stick to the good stuff and post a billion pictures.
The delivery:
um if its possible to describe delivering a baby in such a way i'd say awesome.
True i wasn't pleased to be on pitocin bc i was still toying with the idea of no epidural but with the bump in the due date and the aggressive contractions i chose one in the end. Which proved to be a blessing in the end.
Basically i checked in at 5:15am
Went from a 3 to a 6.
Layed on my side to get the baby in position and waited there for a few minutes so the Dr. could come catch the baby.
One push- the head came out
Second push- the rest.
Ta da!
I cried when i heard naomi's first cry and was filled with amazement even the 3rd time around!
Post Partum-
Rosie brought the kiddos up a couple hours later. We were still in the labor and delivery room bc the hospital was so full. This turned out to be a huge blessing too. Naomi was in the nursery so we were just waiting for her to come back and meet the kids. I had had a few saltines and downed 2 of those hospital mugs of ice water.
Um then I don't how to put this but in my mind, all Hell broke loose.
Out of no where i felt like i was going to faint and i started coughing. I tried laying my bed down but ended up vomitting all over the place. I asked Daniel to take the kids out of the room. Poor Rosie helped the nurse try to clean me up. Then everyone but the nurse left the room and she noticed i was bleeding a lot. She was about to give me magnesium bc of my high blood pressure but the i passed out a couple times. I woke up with some ammonia and an oxygen mask and a bunch of other nurses cleaning up blood.
My Dr. came to see me and told me that my uterus wasn't closing and they couldn't stop the bleeding. I would need to go to the O.R. for surgery. Luckily my epidural was still hooked up to me so they could use that for surgery instead of putting me under.
My Dr. left and i started balling. I kept thinking, this isn't right. What happened? Everything was great. Daniel kissed my head goodbye and i was off to the O.R.
Surgery-
i hated this part. I started thinking about all those dumb medical shows that i watch and how they actually could care less about the patient. I was just staring at bright lights and strangers faces trying to remember the words to "I am a Child of God". Then my Dr. came in and held my hand. He spoke to me so gently and let me know everything was going to be alright. I think i love my Dr.
They cleaned out my uterus to make sure there were no clots. I kinda don't remember any of it.
I woke up in recovery thinking, my kids are here and they're meeting each other for the first time and I'm missing the whole thing! I started shaking. Then the bleeding happened all over again. Finally once they got things under control i went back to my room. The kids had gone home. Daniel took all these pics for me. I still ball knowing that i missed the real thing.
They Meet-
Kolby and Olivia were so excited to meet their new baby sister. They even brought her a present.
Recovery- I was pretty sad but trying to be strong about the day's events. I asked to see Naomi and it's amazing how the little person who essentially started all this was the only person who could make me feel better. I absolutely love her!!!
That night my nurse informed me that I'd lost too much blood and would need a blood transfusion. Normal levels are 12 and i was at a 6. I received 4 units of good ol' A negative blood. So thanks to all who donate:)
The next morning i felt sooooo much better despite all the horrible hospital service drama which i am choosing to omit. Suffice it to say that my hubby makes me giggle when he gets all fired up:)
That evening the kiddos came again and I was able to have all my babies together. I was filled with such gratitude and an overwhelming since of pride. Look what i made!
The Grolls are in town for an Ironman so they were able to stop by for cousin time with mark and rosie and the girls. If this was my 1st i probably would have been freaking out with all the visitors. But after the previous day i was thrilled to be surrounded by so much love.
My labor and delivery nurse came and found me. She said she'd been praying all night that i'd be alright and "praise Jesus" that i was better. I think i'll always love her too. Thanks for all the prayers and messages and acts of service! I feel truly blessed.
I love you baby Naomi! You truly are such a blessing in my life already! Thanks for helping me through all this. I promise now to help you through this thing called life.
-mama

23 comments:

msweetwood said...

We are so proud of you. The pics are great. Love dad

Darren and Brandi said...

Wow. What a story. And what a trooper! I'm sorry things got so scary. But thank goodness for hospital births, right?? So glad your precious baby is finally here :) She's beautiful. And I LOVE the name! So cute!

Hope you're feeling better!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Yay... she has arrived!!!! She is beautiful and so are you... I can't believe how great you look and sound considering everything you went through. I love you and can't wait to talk to you. Call me when you feel up to it and I wanna talk to Naomi hehe or she can at least hear her favorite auntie's voice! :)

maggie said...

Whoa! You're amazing Sabrina! So glad everything went ok, how scary! She and you are beautiful!

maggie

Vudochki said...

I'm SO glad to hear that even though you had some CRAZY experiences, everyone is doing well now! Your little Naomi is so precious and adorable! I wish you and your family everything happy and healthy!
Love, Jessica

Kylee said...

Congrats!! She is adorable. Wow...what a story! I hope that you are doing well. Way to have a positive outlook. She really is a miracle, and beautiful too!

Megan said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. Glad after everything you went through she is here; safe and healthy. Hope you get to feeling better soon. You are amazing!!! Love you!
P.S. You look beautiful as always!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! What an adventure!! I'm so glad you're both doing well---I think she is adorable and love the name:) GOOD LUCK, I've got 9 days left.......

Katie said...

Okay..WOW~Scary stuff..that you obviously handled in true Sabrina fashion! You truly are super woman!Naomi is gorgeous & I can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

Scary! Sorry you had to go through all that but I know Naomi was worth it! The pictures of your other kids holding her are precious! They are all so adorable! And you look amazing (especially for all you went through). Congratulations!

Julie Barnes said...

WOW!! congratulations on the little one. Such a cute name!! So sorry to hear about the bleeding. Did they ever figure out what was happening? That is so scary. I can't even image. I hope you are home and feeling better. Can't wait to see more pictures. What a beautiful family.

Kandis Smith said...

oh Sabrina!! ((hugs)) I'm sorry you had to go through all that! Naomi is beautiful and she makes a wonderful addition to your gorgeous family!

Ashley and Dave said...

Congratulations! Sorry that you barfed. boo. oh ya, and the OR stuff sucks too. But I am glad that you are okay and yeaaaa for beautiful little girls. love your cute little face.

Texasholly said...

awwww, so, so sweet! I already adore little naomi and am so glad she is part of the family!

Jessica said...

oh she's so precious! I"m glad the first part went "awesome" considering your after labor. you're a trooper and of course you look fabulous...that's the great part about being induced is you can get ready before going in =) love you and your little babes.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU and congrats!! I am so excited to meet her.
You are one strong woman and I am SOOO glad you are doing better.
I love you and call you soon.

Snedakers said...

That is crazy! I think we all forget just how scary giving birth really is. I am so glad everything turned out great and she is so stinking CUTE!

Dianna said...

What a crazy story! Thanks to Holly for keeping me updated on everything. I was so worried. I can not wait to meet Naomi- she looks precious. Almost makes me want another one, almost.

Lindsey and Brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey and Brett said...

Sorry I deleted my comment because there was a typo and I'm OCD like that... anyway, here's what I said without the typo...
WOW! Here I was all ready to post a comment of how I was jealous of your quick and easy delivery until I read on... you poor thing. :( I'm glad that everything worked out in the end. She's beautiful.

The Patterson's said...

We were praying for you Sabrina. I'm so glad that you are both well now. Can't wait to hear from you. Keep strong mama. You're amazing!

The Stockdales said...

You did a great job delivering special number 3! Welcome Naomi! She is so perfect looking! No alien face for her at all! LOL! I know you had a difficult day that day, but I'm just glad it all turned out so well in the end. I had no idea that you are A- blood too, like me! We must get it from our dads for sure. It just means we are special...hehe. I hope you have recovered well, and are busy enjoying three gorgeous kiddos. I can't wait to see you all! You are blessed sweetie. I can tell you are so happy. Motherhood suits you perfectly. :) I love you cousin of mine!

Love,

Niki

Blogger.jinbo said...

Ambiguous is a little more than good friends and then pro, but farther than the lover.

ambiguous, you will often wait for him in the QQ online. When he is not online a few days, you will somewhat worried.

ambiguous, you will keep to his BLOG to see no updates; and you will pay attention to between the lines, he is there anything you suggest.

ambiguous, there is feeling, however,jerseys monster 2010, not enough to make you feel can really develop a formal relationship.

ambiguous is that there are too many to understand the helplessness of life, the reality there are too many restrictions. You know that is not possible, but could not bear to let go.

ambiguous, there is a further impulse, but no further courage.

ambiguous,chi ceramic flat iron, he is not your lover, but it seems his lover more than you care about you and about you.

ambiguous, you will compile a scarf to him, but we never start too.

ambiguous, although he is not your lover,wedding dresses 2010, but he will say to you: you is very important to me.

ambiguous is that when you have a cold call at night,ralph lauren polo shirts, specifically to remind you that medication, so you go to bed early quilt cover ordinary friends.

ambiguous is that whenever he mentioned his other half,chi hair straightener, you will Oath.

ambiguous, in order to evade the guilt of betrayal