Monday, April 19, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

Olivia is turning 3!
Olivia's been talking about her rainbow birthday party for over a month now.
She loves this rainbow t-shirt her cousin gave her and everytime she sees a rainbow she squeels with delight. Her actual birthday isn't until May 2nd but with family members being out of town and with baby # 3 just around the corner we had the party early this year.
Saturday the kids helped me make this amazing rainbow cake. I got the idea from the mama's at playgroup. It was fun to make and turned out so cute!
Sunday it poured buckets all day so the idea of an outdoor party was thrown out the door. I walked in the door from church, quickly picked up my house and made the most of decorating with rainbow colors at least.
The food...pretty much the main part of the party. Fruit kabobs, chicken cashew salad, skittles, rainbow cake, rainbow goldfish, rolls, and rainbow jell-o.
The kiddos. Seriously love that we get to live by so many cousins! Also adore Olivia's face in this pic. I was feeling bad for not having a friend party for her with it being sunday and all but seeing her face helped me to realize she loves her cousins even more than friends!
We painted with water colors for the activity.
Happy Birthday baby girl!!
Forgot to take pics of the gifts. Kolby gave her a box of Lucky Charms (her fav cereal) and Daniel and I bought her a pink and purple bike...she's only been talking about it for 2 months.
Last night i was exhausted but then Daniel said in his prayers, "thank you for helping us to be able to make Olivia feel special". I of course got all emotional. I can't help but worry about my soon-to-be middle child so i was so pleased to see her get all the attention and love she deserved. Glad things are still simple enough that some yummy food and cousins are the highlight of her week:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The rainbow cake turned out super cute! I also like the rainbow foods. Fun, fun!

Erin Darrington said...

awesome :)

ThisChickEats.com said...

That cake looks delicious! Mmmmmmmm.

Megan said...

Happy (early) 3rd Birthday to Olivia! What a fun party-I love the rainbow idea. The cake turned out so cute!!