Monday, April 26, 2010

Home

Here's Naomi all pretty in pink. The first few days home have been wonderful. I wanted to document a few things the kids have been saying.
Neighbor: "Does your baby cry?"
Olivia: "yes"
Neighbor: "what do you do when she cries?"
Olivia: "um mommy just lifts up her shirt"
*
Olivia: "Mommy, your baby is my Girl. She has 2 mommies. Me and you."
We've had quite a few anatomy lessons lately too from belly buttons to bellys to boobies.
After 9 months the question never arose but finally on Friday night
Kolby asked, "But wait, how does the baby get in your belly anyway?"
Daniel and I just smiled and said "Sometimes that's what happens after you get married":)
*
The first night was long but I felt myself almost giddy about getting up with a baby...crazy i know. The next morning Daniel took the kids to a T-ball game and i awoke to these gorgeous flowers the kids bought me.
That afternoon my neighbor took them to lunch and shopping. They came home with little gifts for everyone and cards for me.
Olivia's card said, "Thank you for my baby sister! I hope you feel better."
Kolby handed me a card that read,
"Keep going! You can do it! I know you have what it takes to do this!"
Then he looked at me and said "I love you Mommy!"
of course I balled:)
Kolby got me a tissue too.
That's motherhood.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

She is absolutely adorable!

Frasure Family said...

wow!! that's quite a rollarcoaster delivery!! Glad everything was able to work out. It looks like you have 2 great helpers!! Congrats!! Now you are a family of 5!!! She's adorable!!

Dani said...

Dear Lawtons,

We are SO excited for you. Seriously Sabrina, you rock. Yes, I totally cried when I read your post. Goodness, motherhood, babies, surgery, family...how could I not cry? We are thinking of you all. We actually talked about you a lot this weekend with Mat's sister Sam in town. We've decided that you have some of the cutest kids around and that one of the reason's we love to read your blog so much. The other being that you are completely amazing. Alice's middle name is Naomi so we totally approve of the name. Good luck with the next few months. You can do it. Just one day at a time. And no one will know if your kids wear the same dirty PJs for two days straight.

Love you
Dani (Mat, James and Alice)

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness!! I just read your post below. Umm...where have I been. I didn't know any of that. I'm so glad you are okay!!

What a sweet family you have! You are one lucky lady!! Beautiful flowers too!!

Erin Darrington said...

Love it! What sweet kiddos you have! Yay for you wonder mom!

Erin Darrington said...

PS now your whole world is in THREE compact packages :) Congrats again!

The Mach's said...

Oh Sabrina! She is GORGEOUS!!! but how could she not be?!? I'm soo jealous!

The Powells said...

Sabrina! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl. Sorry this is late - I've been busy and I haven't been blogging. I'm so glad that everything worked out and you are both home and healthy. You're such an awesome, beautiful mom.

Lindsey and Brett said...

Cute cute cute! Congratulations she is adorable and a very lucky little girl to have such cute (and funny) siblings.

The Patterson's said...

Congrats Lawtons! Ofcourse she's gorgeous. How could she not be? What awesome neighbors too!!!