Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nesting and other such nonsense

I don't know why when most mother-to-be feel the urge to clean i feel the need to make huge messes.
A few weeks before Olivia was born i decided to start painting the kitchen one night while Daniel was working. A few gallons of primer, texture, and red paint later we finshed the kitchen at 2am. We left for the hospital to deliver Olivia at 6am.
Monday i decided to start cleaning out closets. 2 trash bags for good will and 2 trash bags for the garbage man later... my side of the closet in clean, and the master bedroom closet is ready to be moved into.
Of course after i finished climbing on chairs, reaching on shelves, and carringing boxes i enjoyed a sweet knot in my back and contractions for the rest of the night while i attempted to sit in the most uncomfortable chair ever and teach piano lessons. ugh.
Now as for the things i still have left to do before baby #3 makes her debut...
*paint masterbedroom walls and trim
*wallpaper Master bathroom
*clean out under all the beds and under all the sinks
*decorate MB, Kolby's/guest room, and Olivia's new room
*organize baby clothes bins
*oh ya if there's such a thing as spiritual nesting, I like to finish my personal progress and make it to the temple 2 more times
*an added bonus would be to not go bankrupt or crazy too by the end of all this.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Good Luck. I so wish I lived closer. I LOVE cleaning out and getting rid of things. I am so excited ya'll are getting that Master bedroom and bath done. No offense to Mom and Dad but that bathroom needs some new wallpaper BAD :). If only I could be there to help!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is one long to-do list!

Maybe I should fly down with my paint brush in hand to help!

btw, I loved Kolby's choosing "the highway". that is too funny!

jed-laura said...

wow, do you have energy to do all that? I would have my energy rushes WAY before I actually went into labor. you are amazing.
miss you,
laura

Anonymous said...

good one! i just made lots of another emo backgrounds 4 my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info