Sunday, February 21, 2010

Come What May and Love It (or Cry Trying)

Thought it was appropriate that this talk happened to be playing in the car as i drove home from church today.
I got released from YW today.
I knew it was coming... i had weeks to feel sorry for myself. I don't think i've had a calling yet where i was so depressed to be released from. I had several break downs already about it. We're talking really ugly cry in the Bishop's office trying to convince him that I could still handle being in YWs with Daniel in YMs and having a baby in May. Daniel got called to be scout master last week. Ya i may have had a small cry session over that one too. I felt like all the people i loved were being taken away from me, first my hubby then the girls that i loved and of course the leaders whom I've grown so attached to. Mostly though i just loved serving and feeling needed.
In my head i was thinking i'd be all alone with my soon to be 3 kiddos and feeling completely useless.
I told the Bishop and the Lord that I'd do whatever was asked of me despite my uncontrollable emotions. Luckily as always the Lord obviously knows better than me and I am learning to let go of my will to accept His more readily.
I actually got a new calling today already. I now teach the 16-18yr old class...and basically they are awesome! I love them already!
I'm certain that life will continue to throw curves and changes are bound to happen. I just hope that next time I can say come what may and love it even sooner and perhaps with less tears:)

4 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

That just happened to me too! I was devastated! I'm trying to accept it, but it is so hard!

Megan said...

I know how you feel. When I was released 2 years ago I cried too. The great thing is I am still friends with so many of the girls-it is great to see them progress. (One is on a mission, and one is leaving next month.) You will do great at your new calling! And good luck with Daniel as the Scout Master! Love you-you are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

I totally get it. I served as YW president for 4 years and was released 11 years ago. I still remember how devastated I was. I was released because Kevin was made YM president. I, too, was called to teach the 17/18 year-old Sunday School class and it turned out that I liked that even more than YW. I ended up teaching it for 7 years! I've now been back in YW again for a little over a year and am loving it!

I did get to serve as camp director for 7 of the intervening years as well. Thanks goodness because being apart from those girls for too long is just sad.

Hope you enjoy your new calling!

Stephanie said...

I should have rode with you on Sunday. I cried when they released you and kept crying ALL day long!! I could NOT get a grip. UGH!! Why don't people just listen to us :o) Well you are fabulous and SO going to be missed. I'm glad that you still get to teach them in Sunday school. Have fun in your new calling.