Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's, Vomit, and a Valuable Player

Whew! what a weekend. don't know what's up with my alliteration today, i promise i will stop.
Friday Kolby and Olivia had a preschool Valentine party. It was adorable!
Friday night Daniel and i stayed up til 4:30am painting our bedroom. Its finished hallelujah!Pictures of that project to come later...
Saturday we took Kolbs to his 1st T-ball practice. I totally felt like a dorky parent snapping these photos but what can i say, he's my first:) Oh and i even managed to catch a shot of him doing what baseball players do best...He's definitely gonna be {most} Valuable Player this season :)
Saturday night we decided to take the kids out to eat with us. We had just ordered our appetizer when Olivia decided to do the gallon challenge, (well for a 2 year old it was more like the sippy cup challenge) and chugged her entire cup of chocolate milk. 2 seconds later vomit was everywhere! I'm trying to catch it in my hands and asking Daniel to give me napkins while he stares at me amazed and in shock. Not exactly how we pictured our Valentine Dinner for sure. He rushed her to the restroom while i used every napkin and wet wipe to clean it all up, then i shoved them all in a ziplock baggie and used a generous amount of hand sanitizer before all the people in the restaurant with nothing better to do than stare at me threw up all their food as well. We left with a bag full of to-go boxes, a naked girl wrapped in daniel's coat, and absolutely no dignity.
Saturday night we stayed up til 2:30am moving and organizing all of our things downstairs. I think i now have 4 bags for good will and i sure hope the trashman comes soon bc i'm starting to build my own dump next to the garage. It was a ton of work but seriously the best Valentine present ever to have a spotless, romantic, highly organized, brand-spankin'-new bedroom.
i love it!
Sunday- Daniel made us the most delicious sour-cream pancakes for breakfast! mmmmm. He really knows how to woo me, a clean house and yummy food, what more could a girl ask for?
Hope y'all had a wonderful Valentine's weekend!

5 comments:

Dani said...

Oh my gosh! We just took our kids out to eat with us recently and it went horrible. Not as bad as your though, you win. We thought we'd go out to dinner as a family to celebrate James pooping in the toilet. The kids were great through appetizers and we even commented to each other, "Wow. This is fun." Once our food got there Alice was screaming her head off and James was jumping all over us screaming "HAPPY BRITHDAY!". (Since he heard them sing to someone.) We took turns scarfing down our food while the other held Alice, trying to calm her down. Everyone was looking at us too. I'm starting a restaurant someday that has babysitting. Like the gym, or IKEA.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you could now use some sleep! busy lady!

btw, the book Jane Austen Ruined My Life was cute but not great! Stick with Austen herself - love her!

Dianna said...

Olivia looks so pretty! Love that girl.
POST THOSE PICTURES OF THAT ROOM. So exciting for ya'll.
What a fun Valentines dinner. Love how everyone turns and stares.

Abby said...

Oh my gosh..I feel your pain!!! Maddox has puked in a restaurant 3 times!! I am too embarrassed to ever return to any of them, so I like to think he was just trying to help save us money. And people totally stink-eye stare like you purposefully brought your vomiting kids out to eat. Ah, fun times!

anime said...

Your blog is interesting, I hope a lot of love to your blog, you can see my blog and leave a comment, please