Thursday, February 25, 2010

Better late than never...

My goal was to finish my Personal Progress before i had the baby but who knew I'd end up getting released so soon. SO unfortunately i didn't finish before i left the YWs program but I stayed up late last night finally finishing the Book of Mormon, the last thing on my list. I am so glad that i did. I suppose it doesn't really matter when i finished because i still feel like a better person after it all, just medallion-less and like i didn't get to inspire my girls... oh well better late than never!
Here's some of my fav projects/experiences:
1. Developed much needed budgeting skills thanks to my hubby and Dave Ramsey:) WE payed off my student loan, we now sit down twice a month to review our budget and i pay for all groceries with cash. 2. Created an interactive bulletin board for the Bishop with worksheets and quotes to strengthen families.
3. Stole this fabulous idea from a friend's bridal shower. I made a family tree for my mother-in-law.
4. And probably my very fav was making this 80pg blurb book of photos and letters for my in-laws'40th wedding anniversary party.

7 comments:

Snedakers said...

I just read, moneymakeover. I loved it!

The Patterson's said...

I made that family tree for my mom and mother in law for Christmas one year. I love it! I couldn't fill up all the leaves though. I'm going to have to read money makeover now.

Holly said...

You can still get the medallion! The program says anyone can; you just have to work with the YW pres and pay for it. I just started doing the new program -- it's SO different from the one I did! Congrats on finishing it!

Jessica said...

congrats! not only can you get a medallion still but you can earn more stuff AFTER the medallion...I know it never ends...but I thought I'd let you know. Love your projects and so sorry you've had to leave YW. I know the day will come for me eventually but so far I'm staying in after baby, that is until my lessons become so boring because I'm too tired to plan a real one...we shall see.

Unknown said...

Congrats! That sounds like a job well done (or a medallion well-earned). Yea!

I am within 3 months of earning mine (for the 3rd time). Can't wait. It's been so different every time and I just keep learning cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

O.K. Do Ben and Daniel talk secretly?? He is obsessed with Dave Ramsey, but you seem to have actually applied his teachings! I'm not quite there yet:) Good job on your Medallion...it does feel great:)

Lindsey said...

What a champ. Go girl. Mamma is proud.

My new goal.
Mail Sabs Christmas Present....

We'll see. I enjoy taking my sweet time.

I miss you like a baby goat misses it's mother.