Monday, February 8, 2010

Are ya ach'n (yup yup) for some bacon?

This weekend was all about food. Being the chubby prego mama that I am...basically the best weekend ever:)
It started out with me hosting recipe club. I am lame and took zilch pictures. This month's theme was "A recipe i'm in LOVE with". It was so great to hang out with friends and everyone brought such delicious food! I stole a recipe from my mother/father (my dad thinks he pretty much invented it bc he thought of adding brown sugar).
They were bacon-wrapped pineapple appetizers. Seriously, yum!
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve 3 TB juice) 2 TB soy sauce ¼ tsp ground ginger Dash garlic powder Thin bacon slices, cut in half 1/8 cup brown sugar
Combine all the ingredients except bacon and pineapple in small bowl Marinade pineapple for 1 – 2 hours
Drain marinade Wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk Secure with toothpick Bake in oven at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes
Then Saturday night was "A night in paradise" hosted by mark and rosie. They throw a valentine party every year where we always eat the most amazing food and then laugh ourselves sick playing a newlywed game. I so wish I would have been able to fit even more food in my belly but alas the baby was taking up too much room. Daniel and I ended up actually winning the game this year! Whoohoo. I swear I'm not competitive:)
and on a side note...I've been noticing that my face is getting super chubby in photos. Why did no one tell me this before? oh well, What did I expect when i eat all weekend long? :)
"he's a big pig, you can be a big pig too! oiy!"

3 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

I want to eat everything pictured and mentioned here. And your face looking chubby is news to me. I can't tell at all. But isn't pregnancy fun? I'm so glad I'm done with it... for now. I guess I have to have more one day...

Texasholly said...

Mmm, that food looks good. Why wasn't I invited? Oh yeah, because we turned down the invite the last two years when we were actually baby free...

Dianna said...

What a fun party. We were going to try and have one of our own this year but could never find a free night. Maybe next year... or maybe we'll just come crash Mark and Rosie's one year. So impressed ya'll WON. I just remember not much success when we were playing as a family... :). j/k