Saturday, February 27, 2010

CowTown

Just got back from the CowTown Marathon in Fort Worth where my "superhuman" (according to my brother) hubby placed 3rd. Despite his hacking cough, lack of training for the last week, and running in the wrong shoes which gave him blisters... he somehow managed to limp in at a 2:42 time. Um amazing! What's more amazing, he is disappointed with his time. Never pleased never pleased.
I for one was actually so proud i was moved to tears but in my attempt to push past the millions of people so i could congratulate my hubby i got pushed and shoved so much that my emotions quickly shifted to that of an annoyed prego lady. I gave up defeated and returned to my cheering section only to be reunited with Daniel a half hour later. Ya i'm a quitter, thus no marathon for me. (Other than the fact that i despise running and would literally die if I ever attempted such a feat).
I seriously took no pictures. Oops. My brother-in-law, friend, father-in-law (half), and niece(5K) ran as well. Runners are a crazy breed but still inspiring to watch.
The cheer squad in 40 degree weather (yes that is cold for a Texan)
OH and just in case you think its lame that i didn't run...listen to this. While wearing a giant ski coat, and bulging backpack I managed to squeeze my huge prego belly into a Port-O-Potty with Kolby, lift him up with one arm so he could do his business, lift my bag with the other arm to keep it from falling in other people's business, and hold my breath from the urinal filled with vomit and snot that only a runner can produce. Ta da!

5 comments:

jed-laura said...

WOW!!!!!
Laura said she saw him at the race in the middle of the race (when was already going the opposite way. I don't think he saw her, but she was cheering him on :)

I can't believe he ran that fast!!! Laura finished in 3 hours and 52 minutes, and we think that is fast :)

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Wow! I think your feat is more amazing than the marathon running!

Tell Daniel congrats! His time was amazing! I ran a marathon once and was elated to finish in under 5 hours.

Lindsey and Brett said...

What you did takes some serious skill. Skills that I'm pretty sure only a mom has. So my hat's off to you! (And Daniel too because marathons are the most intimidating things to me. I hate running.)

The Patterson's said...

40 is still cold. Not just to Texan's and CONGRATS Daniel. That is seriously amazing!!! And I agree with the others Sabrina. You've got some serious skill!

jed-laura said...

So I want to email you and I don't think I have your email, so I went to FB and I couldn't find you. so if you do FB look me up
Laura (scott) Rhien is what I am under.

Oh and I like laughing at all your crying stories, you are so real, isn't pregnancy tears so much fun. (that was said sarcastically) and that talk "COme what may and Love it" is one of my favorites. I listen to it everytime I go running. Tell Daniel that he's amazing. When I saw him I was cheering him, becasue I was like, 'Woah, someone is already on their way back, crazy fast" Than right at the last moment, I saw it that is was him, I almost turned around and was like, " Hey Daniel Man, I knew you were smok'n fast, but holy crap" but I settled for telling the other guys I was running next to, that I knew him. and they were all super impressed. I felt really cool. (: