Sunday, January 31, 2010

The best cure for a case of the grumps...

Last week i 'm not sure how to put this nicely but i was a beast. I was so grumpy i could hardly stand to be around myself. ya it was bad. I really didn't even know why. Track season is about to start...which is like a death sentence for a coach's wife and i will have a brand new baby before the season is over. Therefore my husband spontaneously decided that we needed to get-a-way for the weekend. Why he wanted to spend extra time with me when i was so grumpy is beyond me. What can I say. He's a good man. We dropped off the kids with Mark and Rosie (seriously i think we owe them my sanity and our marriage), drove out to The Woodlands and enjoyed a relaxing hotel stay, shopping, a matinee showing of The Blind Side, oh ya and my fav...yummy Cheesecake Factory. Seriously you know you're old and prego when you get more excited about a comfy bed, not having to make the bed, and eating food that someone else cooks than some big exciting night life scene:) Needless to say i came home feeling very full and very refreshed. Almost as refreshing as those strawberries spilling all over my cheesecake! Thanks hubby. I think i can make it. See ya in June:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how nice! any time with no cooking is great to me:)

Jessica said...

ooohhh..sounds good. all of it...bed you don't have to make, cheesecake, and food you don't have to make. glad you had a good time!

jed-laura said...

Um I want that right now, and I'm not even pregnant! (:
Someday... someday.

I so miss you guys, wish I could meet all those kids of yours.. We'll be cheering you on. If anyone can handle the home during track season, you could,
-Laura

Unknown said...

MMmmmm...Cheesecake Factory! My fave is Godiva Chocolate. It is to die for!

Sounds like a great get-away.

Stephanie said...

What a fun night!!! So glad you got some alone time. Come hang out with me until June!!! I'll spoil ya rotten :-)

Dianna said...

Very sweet of Daniel. I will have my Daniel read this post for sure ;). Glad to see that I am not the only one who is just plain grumpy for no reason. Oh wait, you are pregnant. hmmmm... what is my excuse?