Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cycle of emotions

This past week has been full of mixed emotions for me. I watched too much CNN for my prego emotions to handle and couldn't help but cry for the people of Hati. I tried to explain to my 4 year old that sometimes bad things happen for no apparent reason. Later in the week i heard of two girls from my home ward who dealt with the loss, the worst i can imagine, the loss of a child. I couldn't help but feel so sad for all the loss others seemed to experience last week. And then of course came the guilt for my own complaints of such meager things. And, like clockwork, then came the overwhelming feeling of gratitude. Mostly today i am grateful to have experienced this cycle of emotions without having to personally experience the loss. Just give me gentle reminders Lord and I promise to pay attention.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did your Cash Cab go? We're doing Itty Bitty SouthTowne City tomorrow night. I promise, if it goes well, I'll blog or send you info or something.

Our ward has played human foosball and loved it. I tried to get them to play human Battleship this year but no takers. Dang!