Tuesday, January 5, 2010

gaining weight, losing patience

So this is me...22 weeks. I swear i tripled in size over the Christmas break. oops. i can totally hold a perfect basket ball shape. I was saying how large i was aloud and perhaps my hubby forgot to tone down the honesty with a prego woman because he told me i looked "at least 7 no more like 8 months along". gee thanks.
**********************************
And this morning my 4 year old woke me up to tell me that he cooked his own oatmeal. I jumped out of bed and immediately smelled something burnt. Kolby had climbed on a stool, lifted my huge Costco box of oatmeal out of the pantry top shelf, opened the package, climbed on the counter, poured it in a bowl, climbed on a chair and put in the the microwave for who knows how long and with who knows how little of water. I still can't get the burnt oatmeal out of the bowl. Yes i could have been burnt alive in my sleep. What a great mom i am. Can i really get mad at him for my neglegence? sigh.
*****************************************
Then Olivia decided to get out all my nursing bras, dump oatmeal all over the table, clog a toilet with a roll of tp she used to wipe her nose, attempted to get out all the games that i just organized, shove a DVD in the player the wrong way, trample my bulletin board project, get out my lip stick, lotion, and perfume, get gum stuck in her hair, ruin the dry erase markers, and as i typed this she rubbed green chapstick all over her body. After each of these she just asked "why?" when i said please don't do that. She is now in the tub about 5 feet away from me and saying, " I love you mommy". Feeling guilty for telling her she's driving me crazy. that is until i realized she is dumping buckets of bath water on the tile. sigh.
******************************************
I swear i do supervise my children just not when i think we're all sleeping and not when i'm still cleaning up the most recent mess of a 2 year old.
********************************************
Any one know where i can stock up on patience before i add another trouble maker in the mix?

8 comments:

Texasholly said...

Heehee, I am so glad Ellie never tried cooking or pouring anything all those mornings I left her to fend for herself when I was on maternity leave! She was perfectly content with the Goldfish I would leave sitting out for her (she must not have as refined a palate as Kolby).
BTW, you are waaaaay more patient than I am!

Julie Barnes said...

You look great!! 6 months along and you are still tiny!! Good luck with the next one :) You are doing great. I am watching Edward destroy his room as we speak...

Kylee said...

Isn't it amazing what kids can do in such a short time?! That is hilarious. One of these days you will look back and laugh...once you get over the frustration of cleaning something for the 10th time. I love your cute little pregnant belly!

Unknown said...

Hang in there! We've all had those kind of days with our kids. BTW, you don't look large AT ALL!

Stephanie said...

Oh Sabs! You are such a nicer mom than me and WAY more patient!! That's why I love ya :-) you are such a good example. Just remind Olivia who her future hubby is and that he does his fair share of trouble making, sooooo, what goes around comes around ;-) we'll be the ones to remind them of the wonderful things they did.

The Patterson's said...

Yeah. Me, Doug and the kids are movin in. We can deal with the craziness together. I feel so much closer to you after this post. ha ha. Don't you just love days like that?

Katie said...

Trust me on this...it'll all be over before your ready for it!..you'll miss the burned oatmeal & water logged bathroom!

You are the most amazing mother & your little people are so lucky to have you!
I don't know one single person who is better equipped than you to be the momma of 3!

The Powells said...

I'm with ya on the craziness at home! You're not alone, I think ALL mothers have those days; and I think you look really cute with your belly. :)