Thursday, January 21, 2010

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

I promise not to break out in song...although i am slipping off my shoes (Nike's not loafers).
After months of cold rainy days here in Texas of all places, we finally had a drop dead gorgeous spring day. Yes i realize its still January but that is spring usually in Texas.
The kids and i took a walk down memory lane...we walked to the duck ponds where we used to walk nearly everyday when they were babies. We ate our sandwiches and threw the crust to the ducks. Then we walked to the park, ate the rest of our picnic lunch, and played on the slide. After 4 hours we were all in need of a potty break so we came home.
Its amazing how some sunshine and fresh air can lift your spirits and make you feel totally rejuvenated.
Finished this book last night.
I saw him on Oprah a long time ago. My mom lent me the book. Once you get past the sadness of his situation the book turns out to be quite inspiring. Its really the perfect January book. If you want a little boost to achieve that list of goals you just made or to finally accomplish those childhood dreams, i definitely recommend this. Its only 200 pages or so and very easy to read. He comes across kind of arrogant at times but humorous too. It was thought -provoking to say the least. I find myself viewing myself, my family, and my world in a whole new light...and if a book can make me do that, its definitely worth a blog post:)
Favorite quote: "Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier."
Today's lesson kids: enjoy the sunshine, stop whining, dream big!

1 comment:

Abby said...

It has been beautiful weather!!! I am totally diggin it!

I'm gonna have to read that book after I am done with the book I got today....I loved hearing him on TV!