Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mexico

What a trip! It started out shaky but turned out to be perfect! If you haven't been i highly recommend it, esp if you get to stay at the Aventura Spa Palace, where they treat you like royalty! I felt completely pampered and was doted on 24-7. From the pina coladas to the spa treaments to the pool side chips and guacamole I never had to lift a finger. It was heavenly! and even more heavenly was the fact that daniel and i only paid for our flights there. Thanks mom and dad and gma &gpa! And thanks to mom & dad lawton for watching the kiddos. we owe you big!
Don't get too overwhelmed i actually left out the other 500 pics:) Here's my photo journal. Enjoy!
Saturday-
*landed in Cancun, husbandless with mascara all over my face
*wished my dad a happy birthday in person!
*watched the Samba show at the resort and was humilated to stand up front and shake my bum for all to see.
Sunday-
*laid out
*venured out to XPu-Ha
still no Daniel.... at least i have my momma!
Monday-
*wished my mother happy birthday in person
*attended a water aerobics class
*had a manicure and pedicure
*found out the person in front of Daniel at the passport office was the last to recieve a passport for the day.
*spent my parents' anniversary with them at Playa del Carmen
this guy kept me company while Daniel was away
Tuesday-
*hung out at the pool and beach
*Daniel finally arrived
*went to the spa for our back massages
*saw a magic show
Wednesday-
*swam with the dophins
(and by swimming i mean giving kisses, shaking flippers, riding on his belly, having him push my feet as i flew through the water...basically the best part of the trip as far as I'm concerned. Unfortuneately we lost the $20 picture so you'll just have to take my word for it.)
*Went to Tulum
(Anicient Mayan ruins with a gorgeous beach!)
If you zoom in on our faces you can tell which one of us was a born dolphin trainer and which one is just trying to please his crazy wife.
Thursday-
*Xcaret
-snorkeled through underground rivers
-held parrots
-watched a few Mayan rituals
-melted watching a Mexican cultures dance
-pet a Ray...gross never again!
just washing my hands...
Friday-
*Chichen Itza
(one of the new 7 wonders of the world)
Simply AMAZING! almost spiritual.
the sporting arena-players try to get a ball through the ring without using their hands...the captain of the winning team was decappatated...nice.
ahh yes and the above picture brings us to Friday night and Saturday morning where Daniel and I spent alternate hours on the toilet after eating the only non-resort food of the trip. What would a trip to Mexico be without Montezuma's revenge eh?
Saturday-
*laid by the ocean eating white bread and gatorade
Sunday- * had my last fresh smoothie and pina colada *read my book by the pool *...and flew home Perhaps on a rainy day I'll post a few of the artist shots, for now hope you enjoy my cheesy side:)

16 comments:

Nuts said...

How fantastic is that! Not only were you treated like the princess you are, but you look incredibly too cute in a swimsuit. Welcome home to a life where you have to lift your fingers- alot. Ahhh home.

Erin Darrington said...

siiiiiiiiigh... i almost feel like i was there(key word almost)! maybe one of these days :) glad daniel eventually made it there!

The Aprecios said...

i am SO insanely jealous! Your pictures are amazing. I need to be there.

Lindsey said...

Ahh I think it is cute, that you said..and I quote.."IT was an amazing trip. The only thing that would have made it perfect, is if my best friend LINDSEY DAVIS was there by my side." unquote.

Ahh thanks babe!! I agree...maybe next time. Too bad all my crazy children kept me home:(

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

Dude your vacation kicked my vacations buttocks. But I am so happy you got to go enjoy a slice of heaven. I love how you show up in Mexico partly a white person and progressively as the week goes on you get darker and darker and darker until you're a freaking black person. I love it, so jealous. PS you are so dang skinny, girl you look fabulous! If I ever got to Mexico I am calling you for some details cause that pretty much looked awesome.

Ashley and Dave said...

I am SOOooooooo jealous! How come my trip to mexico happens to land on the two week span of swine flu but everyone else gets to go!!! (yes, this is me whining, and nearly crying!)

Stephanie said...

what an awesome trip!! Its funny b/c I have some of the same pics (but w/me and Cory). Oh I miss Mexico. Glad you guys had fun and LOVE all the pictures. Whenever I'm having one of those mommy moments, I'm coming back to your blog to look at the pictures.

Kylee said...

What a fun trip! I have been to a few of those places, and they are breathtaking! Next time I will for sure have to go to Tulum and swim with dolphins!! How fun!!

Jeri said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time! I'm glad that Daniel was able to get there. I'm looking forward to our getaway this week, but it won't be as exotic as yours. We will go hang out with all the Elvis impersonators.

Frasure Family said...

what an amazing trip! What great parents you have!! It looks so relaxing and beautiful! Someday, Eric and I will enjoy something like that. Oh, bytheway, you look great! Me well it is getting hot and humid, so it makes me more tired. Can't believe we have 6 weeks left. Any advice on how to handle 2 kids? How to help the older one adjust and entertained?

The Powells said...

I'm so glad that the trip turned out nice after the passport incident. Hurray for fun in the sun and laying around being pampered. (your swimsuits are still the cutest!)

Lindsey and Brett said...

Ah yes, Montezuma's revenge. Always a classic. Well other than that and the rocky start it looks like an awesome trip. And I'm totally jealous of your tanness!

Vudochki said...

How AWESOME! I absolutely LOVE Cancun/Cozumel! I'm so glad that you were able to get away and have a fun vacation!

Jessica said...

yeah!! I'm glad you had fun and didn't do much working but a lot of playing. And we were there last year so it made me sad, but we only got to spend a day there...looks like we'll ahve to go for a little longer.

Kandis Smith said...

looks like sooo much fun!! Girl you are getting sooooo tiny!! I love your bathing suit!!

Anonymous said...

i saw u blogging