Sunday, February 13, 2011

Being Woo-ed

I'm not gonna lie, after 3 kids and going on 8 years of marriage the need to woo your wife somehow gets lost in all the realities of crazy family life.
That's why this weekend was extra special.
Hubbys take note:
(haha i'm so sure any hubbys are reading my blog!)
Nothin says I love you more than...
1.You making the date arrangements all on your own and ahead of time...you know like before when you were dating and actually trying to impress the girl
2. Taking care of finding a sitter is also a bonus because lets face it, asking a teenage girl to do something for you isn't really all that fun. Its nice to share the awkwardness every once in a while.
3. Taking the effort and creativity to think of something besides the classic "dinner and a movie"
4. The element of suprise. I can't help but feel girlishly giddy getting ready for a suprise date.
5. And the real kisser...choosing to do something that you know your wife likes even though you yourself could care less about it but of course never making that fact obvious.
This weekend we went downtown (i always think city life is magic), to the Houston Art Museum (ahhh the quiet sophisticated atmosphere I'm missed since i gave birth to my first child 5 years ago), followed by dinner snuggled up to the fireplace at a French bistro.
One might argue that wooing is no longer nessecary when its obvious the girl loves the boy no matter what, then again that might be all the more reason.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

3 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Jealous... maybe some day my hubby will have a planned date...or maybe I am too controlling and plan before he even gets a chance! You look hot. Who gave you that amazing shirt??

Kylee said...

Props to your hubby! That is always a great thing for a husband to do! My surprise date is this weekend! :)

Dianna said...

I agree with your post 100%! I didn't realize y'all were on a date Friday night. Never would have bothered you :)
I'll make sure Daniel reads this one :)