Thursday, February 24, 2011

And that's how I know he was born in Idaho...

Listening in on preschool-lunch-table-talk could be my favorite part of the day. I sit at the bar so they think I can't hear them, and they never disappoint.
This week I overheard the kiddos saying what type of animals they all want to be. After everyone selects one Kolby says he doesn't want to be an animal, he wants to be the hunter. All the kids say things like, "No we don't hunt animals" or"I don't like shooting animals". To this my red-neck son replies, "You like eating animals right? Someone has to hunt them!"
And that my friends is how I know my son was born in Idaho.
How else would a Seattlite have such offspring?

4 comments:

the other lawton's said...

HAHAHA. I do like eating animals! Kolbers always gives me a good laugh. Mark is gonna like this one!

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny! Considering some of my friends....LOVE to go hunting in Texas:) You are such a good "Teacher" I just don't do near enough with Maggie. She does go to Pre-Sch and learned all about the Presidents. The funny thing is....2 years later, Ben is still in DENIAL that Obama won, so he just sets her straight that the only President is Pres. Monson!!

I'm not going to interfere, but when Obama pops up on TV....she always asks, if that's the one naughty man??

Ryan and Brittany said...

oh man...it is even funnier the 2nd time around. I love that kid even if he is a carnivore :)

Megan said...

Love it! He is so silly!!