Friday, June 4, 2010

Mc-embarrassing

Almost forgot to share this funny story...
Last week my mom took the kids and i to McDonalds. As soon as we entered the playarea we heard this super loud abnoxious alarm going off. Someone had gone through the emergency exit. An employee had to come shut it off with a key. 20 minutes later some teenagers walked through the door again, sending the children running with their hands over their ears and all the parents in an annoyed frenzie. We had to wait for an emplyee again. Luckily Naomi slept through it all.
Seriously like 20 minutes later my mom got a call on her cell. She wanted to step outside to hear better and in her distraction walked right out the emergency door. Yep...here comes the ear piercing alarm again. I of course start giggling. An employee finally just locks all the doors. Yes we might all die in case of en emergency but at least we won't have to hear that dang alarm again.
A father across the room yells, "Didn't she have kids playing in here? She just left them?"
Then i had to say, "No they are my kids."
Father: "Oh she's with YOU!"
Me: (smiling) "No i don't know her, I've never seen her in my life!"
I hid my head in (fake) shame and laughed.
The father and another grandmother did not see the humor in the situation and stormed out. Not before giving my mom a dirty look on the way back in.
My mom served her pentence by having to come back and sit in the center of the playarea waiting for the kids to finish playing and having everyone stare at her:)
Thanks for the entertainment mom.
Best lunch at McDonalds ever!

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

hilarious!

Dani said...

HAHAHAHA! Perfect. Good story.

Dani said...

P.S. We should go to Sea World again.

Abby said...

That is awesome!

The Aprecios said...

Ha! That was a good laugh. Thanks Sis Sweetwood!