Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Texas Rangers

Ever since A-Rod was a sell-out and left the Mariners for the Texas Rangers i swore i would always boo at the sight of a Ranger. (and yes i totally booed with the entire SafeCo stadium when they played Seattle).
There is a little Ranger however that I'm recently quite fond of.

Kolby had his first 2 T-ball games on Friday and Saturday. It was quite possibly the cutest thing i've ever seen. I almost cried because Daniel couldn't be there but since i really did have a talk with kolby on Thursday in which i used the League of their Own speech, "There's no crying in baseball!", i held back the tears.

Ha ha here's my little man in the "down and ready position". Since the kids can really only hit it so far, playing outfield in T-ball has even less action than baseball. Luckily they switch positions every inning.

So focused...

He gets to be on the same team as one of his BFFs Maddox.

Kolby and coach. He does whatever he tells him to, no really.

And the treats that make it all even more fun!
And about this smile...this was the only smile i caught on camera. He was so serious during the game. When we came home I had this conversation with him.
Me: Why were'nt you smiling out there? Didn't you have fun?
Kolby: Ya i had fun. But everytime i wanted to smile i put my head down.
Me: why?
Kolby: Because coach said whatever you do don't smile.
Me: (laughing) Kolby your coach was just joking, he was trying to get you to smile.
Kolby: (stares at me with serious eyes then bursts out laughing) Oh.

7 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! I can't stop laughing :)

Megan said...

He is so cute!!! I hope he has lots of fun and smiles more (hehe...)

The Patterson's said...

Oh that is so funny. I can't believe how grown up he is.

Dianna said...

Thank you for that wonderful laugh!!! The best thing about little league sports- how FREAKIN cute they look in uniform!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

too funny!

Kolby is adorable - love the pics!

Brakston was the only one of our kids who would play t-ball. He hated it! He refused to hit off the t and I had to go pitch to him. He thought the standing around was way too boring. He became a soccer player and talked everyone else out of every trying t-ball!

Texasholly said...

Oh my gosh, that is the most adorable thing ever! I am so bummed I missed the real deal! He looks so freakin cute!

Dani said...

Awwww, That is SO cute. I can't wait for James to be old enough now! Super Super cute.