Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving...in the which we ate ourselves sick and partied all weekend

This year we enjoyed Thanksgiving in San Antonio at Dave and Ale's house. Altogether there were 26 people for the feast. It was so fun to meet Daniel's cousin Donnette and her cute family as well as Estes's cousins Grant and Penny. Plus the usual Texas Lawtons (minus the Kennedys, sniff sniff).
Highlights were: the turkey trot, playing "werewolf", "kung fu destroyers" and the "train game", Sea World, and a Mannheim Steam Roller concert downtown. Oooh and of course all the food glorious food!!!!
Turkey Trot
Of course it couldn' t be a Lawton get together without a race of some sort. Kolby ran in a 1/4 mile fun run and Daniel got 2nd place in the 4 mile run! Not bad out of 2,500 people! I unfortunately missed the whole thing as i was busy vomitting. No worries i made up for all the food i lost by stuffing my face the rest of the weekend.
(blogger won't let me download these photos... curses)
Thanksgiving Feast
The boys picked fresh green beans from the garden. Kolby told me he was a good farmer. Grandma supervised the cutting:)
My niece and 2nd cousin(?) helped make the Sweetwood rainbow Jell-O.
The table decor... edible turkeys and teepees, Ale is super creative!
The kids decorated their own placemats
The Feast...enough for the neighborhood
Friday... Sea World
Friday Night i didn't snap a photo since i'm pretty sure it wasn't allowed, but i found this one on google. Dave and Ale treated us to a Mannheim Steamroller concert at this fabulous old theatre in down town San Antonio. It was amazing and really put me in the Christmas mood. The perfect end for our wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Strommer Family said...

I'm going to have to just avoid all the family fun posts b/c it just makes me sad I have to miss out on all the fun :(. Glad ya'll had a great Thanksgiving!!! Ale is so dang creative. How cute was that edible decor? Looks like ya'll had a blast. And bummer you were sick!!!

Dianna said...

Weird. I posted the previous comment and it posted under my sister-in-laws name. ooops. It was me :)

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a great time! Dawnette emailed me with her account and I know she enjoyed it.

Stephanie said...

What a fun thanksgiving. Oh I lOVE the majestic!! That made me home sick seeing that pic. Glad you got to go. I love the picture of Kolby and the green beans. So cute.

Ryan and Brittany said...

that looks so fun!! you didn't give me any of these details when we talked yesterday... thank goodness for blogs! I love those fun table decorations... I need to remember that for next year!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! I can relate so much to the being sick and being SICK and TIRED of looking at the Christmas boxes strung all over the house--after a week of it, Maggie started decorating herself. I'm pretty much done decorating--but I'm afraid not done being sick:( But it's all worth it****right??