Monday, November 2, 2009

Little Obsessions

I finished this book awhile ago actually but I am still obsessed. Its one of those books that you have to read in small doses but man I love it! I was reading it on the plane one time and the man next to me asked what it was about. I explained that the author was a doctor who became a counselor for cancer patients. She shares her stories and insights. He scoffed at me and said, "how depressing". Then i told him how amazingly uplifting it was actually and that it is one of the best books i have ever read. I think every other page is marked and dog-eared. If you have ever faced any sort of trial or you'd like to learn how to become a better, more service-oriented person than you should probably read this book...like now.
Ok obession with American Idol + obession with Christmas + David Archuleta Christmas CD= pure joy! (at least it would be if it were possible to delete track "Pat-a-pan"...seriously david what were you thinking?) My sis told me about this and then my mom bought it. Yes we are obessesd!
Ah yes and my birthday present! I have been searching for a pic of the bountiful temple pretty much FOREVER and i spotted this one on the internet (Legacy frames or something like that). I became obsessed. When fam asked me what i wanted for my b-day i could really only think of this. So thanks to awesome family and my hubby who gave me all his b-day money too! This arrived earlier in the week and i couldn't be more pleased. Finally something to hang in the house that is not homemade or a photograph of my children:) and yes...i still have my Halloween decor up because honestly i have no Thanksgiving stuff and it may be a wee early for Christmas.
What are you little obsessions lately?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well u know my obession!!! CHRISTMAS!! No it's not to early to put out Christmas stuff :-) I'll have to get that book. Sounds wonderful. Loved the Halloween pics of your kids. They are adorable.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the book suggestion.
The temple pic is beautiful!

Ashley and Dave said...

taco johns hard tacos :) Oh wait, were you not talking food? :)

Michelle Williams said...

My book club read My Grandfather's Blessings a few years ago and it is one of my all time favorite books. It's so tenderly and lovingly uplifting, which is amazing when you consider the subjects!

I'll have to check out David's album.