Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Guess My Age Contest" anyone?

I'm really confused. I recently watched one of my friends photoshop a pic of me and was horrified that of the four of us in the pic i had the most wrinkles of all of them combined and we're all the same age! A few weeks ago I was standing in line to early vote. The lady working there asked if it was my first time. I thought I probably just looked scattered brained or something, afterall I had lost my voters card, but just smiled and said no. She said I didn't look a day over 18. I choked on my laugh as I told her I just celebrated my 26th birthday. A few days ago I was buying some spray paint. The cashier asked for my licesnse. I frantically dug through my "newly-olivia-organized" wallet and finally found it. I was puzzled as to why I had to show my id before i even used a form of payment. She didn't believe i was old enough to buy the spray paint. She didn't even believe it when she saw my id. I had my 2 kids with me too....what kind of person did she think i was? I have an old face. I am the typical frumpy mommy. The only logical conclusions I have come to are... 1. These people are blind 2. I still wear clothes I had in high school so i must look like a really uncool high schooler 3. People judge my age by my chest (although then i might only be 12) Next time I'm at a fair I'm totally playing the "Guess my Age Game". I see a giant pink teddy bear in my future.

12 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

Ha ha, you crack me up! Don't try and fool yourself, you still look young and great!

Erin Darrington said...

Ha ha, you crack me up! Don't try and fool yourself, you still look young and great!

Jessica said...

haha, that's great. A day over 18 is better than 13...one guy told me I looked like I was 13...he probably was judging by my chest size =)Although it was when we were in Mexico, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

~Amanda~ said...

You are NOT "the typical frumpy mommy"! And those aren't wrinkles, they are laugh lines 'cause you are happy all the time!!!
You're gorgeous!

Lindsey and Brett said...

You're funny. You don't look like a frumpy mommy at all. You're one of those hot, young moms. And while it's also not true, I liked the funny statement about your chest. You make me laugh.

Megan said...

You make me laugh..but you are a beautiful, young, wonderful mom! I can understand about the whole chest size thing. I totally know where you are coming from!

Jessica said...

oh and I just saw your blurb comment. I got the hardcover with imagewrap. I originally had the dust jacket but what happens to all the dust jackets on our childrens books...they get torn and thrown away...so I did the image on the cover. I'm a little dissapointed in the picture quality, some pics look so dark, but love it nonetheless...I think i already told you taht though. Good idea to order one for your mom.

Lindsey said...

If it is your chest...then why did some girl think I was 17 a month ago....??? 17...seriously, that is a low blow. I told her I have danced around 17...
SO if Chest sizes are what determines our age...I'm sunk.

Stephanie said...

If people are judging us by the size of our chest and you are 12 well then I think I might be 9? One day we'll celebrate when we are in our 50's and we still look like we are in our 30's!!

Julie Barnes said...

oh man... that was some great Tuesday morning reading... I will say I have had reactions like that, BUT then someone will ask me if I am 30!! I guess it all depends on who the person is... AGE... AH!

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

If its chest size, I used to be 24, then I had a baby, then I dropped down to about 16, by the time I'm done with children I may as well be giving birth to myself, I'll be inverted. TMI?? Its because you are so beautiful it intimidates people, they can't get over the fact that they know you can't be 18, hence the children etc, but you're just so hot like a sassy teenager.

Stef said...

if it went by chest size, since having kids i must be 35 :) i think you look too dang good for your own good. kids make you look older, and if your frumpy, i'm scared as to what I am! :)