Monday, April 11, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I had a roommate who liked to sing that while clapping and stomping her feet in the kitchen. Little did I know that years later I'd be singing the same tune:)
We took a day trip to Austin on Friday.
The plan was to stop along the way to snap some pics with the bluebonnets but alas they were all gone! Instead we toured the city of Austin looking like fools in our matching white tops and jeans:)
With our extra time we got a chance to tour the state capitol.
The architecture was beautiful and I almost felt the urge to enroll in Texas history...almost.
After the educational part of the trip we went to Texas Relays at the University of Texas to watch one of Daniel's athletes compete.
We came home sweaty and exhausted but with a smidge more Texas pride.
Apparently you can never have too much of that 'round these parts:)

2 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

I think I know which roommate that was... anyway, you guys are super cute even if you didn't get the bonnet shot.

Jeri said...

It looks like you guys had a fun trip. I really want to get to Austin one of these days. Too bad we don't have many bluebonnets this year. I love bluebonnet pictures.