Monday, April 6, 2009

Saturday Conference

So I read the Ensign. I had FHE the monday before conference to prepare my children for conference. I made the cinnamon rolls (ok i put the pillbury rolls in the oven, daniel was out of town so you didn't really think that i would attempt to make his amazing homemade rolls!). I had the treats to hand out when key words were recognized. I printed off activity packets. It worked, for kolby at least:) He woke up early, got himself dressed and said he was ready to see the Prophet on the computer. He tried explaining this to my neighbor but of course being the awesome missionary that I am I totally pretended that I had no idea what he was saying:) Olivia spent some part of conference in time out, in the hall way so we could hear over the screaming. And she entertained herself with laundry and discovered a new napping place. My favorite was when kolby picked up on words like sacrafice, baptism, priesthood, and Jesus. He was also concerned and asked "Why is Eyring sad?" I'm excited that every year seems to get better and better watching conference with the kids. Sunday was spent supporting Daniel's dad, brother, and 3 sisters competing in and Ironman which deserves a post all on its own. So perhaps we will try this set up once again next week for FHE to catch the Sunday session.

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

hoe cute! you are so organized!

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

I laughed so hard when you said you pretended to have no idea what he was talking about to your neighbor. Thanks for lifting my spirits, that actually is like the highlight of my week it was so funny. I feel ya man, sometimes better just to not go there.

Frasure Family said...

Very creative, I can't wait til Mason can have some what of an understanding of what we were doing. he wouldn't stop touching the laptop the 1st day, but did much better on sun. I know I kept thinking, man next conference I will have 2 to battle, what will I get out of it?

Jessica said...

great job!! we didn't hear any since our computer broke, we don't have the channel, and taking the kids to the church for one session was enough. Next time I'll have to create a similar set up...you're awesome.

The Smith Family said...

so cute! We did a conference bingo with gummy bears and when i left to go to the bathroom they shoved them all in their mouths. Then they cried when I had no more. :)