Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Iron-In-laws

My crazy in-laws have done it again. 3 of Daniel's sisters (sprint and quarter), 1 of his brothers (half), and his dad (half) all participated in triathalons this past weekend in Galveston.
Daniel sat out this one as his job seems to be taking too much of his training time. I think it was hard for him to watch. We used to have this amazing photo of Daniel and his dad at one of Daniel's H.S. meets. Daniel is about ready to pass out and his dad is holding him up. I get all teary-eyed everytime I see it. Now its hanging in his classroom. Anyhow, this weekend I got to see the reverse. Daniel ran along his dad and encouraged him the last 5 miles or so. I wish I would have got a shot of them together. Daniel was out of town this weekend so we didn't know if we could make it to Galveston on Sunday but Daniel said, "You know my dad never missed any of my races." It was so touching to watch things flipped now.
Of course I think the idea of swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles, then running 13 miles is just plain crazy but I suppose it's an admiral crazy! I'm so proud of my "Iron In-Laws"!

3 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

I think it is in the Sweetwood blood to never do a tri-atholon. I think it is cazy too!!! It doesn't even sound like fun to me but I wish it did because that's amazing!

Ashley and Dave said...

It is crazy. I would surely die.

Lindsey said...

No one else in the world can swim with three broken legs...