Sunday, January 25, 2009

An amazing thing happens when you have a chance to get away from your kids...

You want to be with your kids!!! My mother-in-law watched the kiddos last Monday since Daniel had the day off. I somehow convinced him to go see Twilight with me and then we enjoyed some yummy Red Robin. Mark and Rosie watched the kiddos on Friday so Daniel and I could go to the temple and to Macaroni Grill. The results: some quality time with my hubby, a break from the usual demands of two children, and a new resolve to have more quality time with my children. Friday night we made the most delecious cake balls ever!!! Crushed mint Oreos +cream cheese, dipped in chocolate almond bark....lets just say i had a tummy ache from eating sooooo many! Afterwards we watched Kung Fu Panda and the kiddos had so much fun staying up late with us. Saturday Daniel had to work so i was gonna clean my house. Then I decided to make playdough with the kids first and clean later. Too bad i can't have date nights twice a week every week:)

11 comments:

the other lawton's said...

You're such a good mom! I need to follow in your footsteps with that quality time stuff! My goal this week is to find joy in the things that are driving me crazy!!! Let us know when we can watch the kids again!

the other lawton's said...

You're such a good mom! I need to follow in your footsteps with that quality time stuff! My goal this week is to find joy in the things that are driving me crazy!!! Let us know when we can watch the kids again!

Anonymous said...

What you said is SO true. Parents need a break occassionaly - and then like you said - they actually want to spend time with their kids! I called a babysitter at the last minute on Friday because I DESPERATELY needed to get away from my kids. And now I am a much happier mom after having done so.

Also - I love your posts about playing school (super cute playroom, by the way). I too have discovered that same website and did the Sound of the Week program with Kate over the summer. Really great stuff. I'm hoping to do the prepatory cirriculum with Sadie this fall. So my question is - how do you incorporate school into your daily routine? I could really use some tips. E-mail me if you have the chance - I'd love to talk preschool. brookelynn825@yahoo.com

Jessica said...

haha, isn't that funny...time spent away from children means better time with children. Unfortunately i didn't get a date night this week, so does that mean I get two next week?? Oh and how the heck do you make cake balls!! I tried onetime and failed miserably but yours looked great...any tips??

Lindsey said...

How cute!! Those cake balls sound amazing. Can we make those when I come??? stay up late?? and will you make me Playdough??

Julie Barnes said...

YUM! I could eat some yummy cake balls right now! I am trying to go on as many dates as possible now... because that will all end very soon for me ;)

Texasholly said...

Wow, Twilight and Red Robins sounds like fun. Sure wish I could have been there. I kid, I kid. But I really do wish I had been there for the cake balls. Will you make them again and invite me over? TIA ;)

Dianna said...

sounds delicious. such fun. i would like to come over for the cake balls too please.

Ryan and Brittany said...

Love the pic of Olivia with chocolate all over her mouth and the one of Kolby with his eyes popping open!! So cute... I guess I will forgive you for waking me and up to get the play-dough recipe :)

Stephanie said...

Well I am just JEALOUS!!! TWO! Date nights in a week. I'm lucky if I get one in a month :o) Those treats are a fam fav here too. I usually don't make them b/c I eat them - ALL of them.

Mathewwi said...

So looks like I will be in Houston all next week. Well from the 2nd through the 5th. So maybe if a hurricane doesn't come through I can hang out with you and your family one of the nights.