Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My baby is 3!

My baby turned 3 today... Ok how lame is this? I totally cried this morning. ugh! I'm still not sure if it was bc I was happy or sad. I kept thinking how happy am I with my little family and how simple everything is. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I think, wouldn't it be great to have them both in school or at least both potty trained? But today I thought how "perfect" life is right at this moment and it made me cry. We started off the morning with his favorite, chocolate-chip "snowman" pancakes. Then we danced around the living room to songs on Seasame Street (while i was shedding silent tears). We talked to "ona" on the webcam, picked out some new clothes and a train set at the store, and ate chicken nuggets for lunch. Now he's taking a nap so I'm gonna document... A few things that I want to remember about Kolby right now: -you are a daddy's boy through and through -you love to run around in circles "dancing" -you sing "I am a Child of God", "Don't take the Girl", and "Little Bitty" before you go to sleep -you sleep with a billion toys and books and blankets in your dinosaur toddler bed -you love to take things apart and tell me not to fix them -you are cautious and particular about almost everything:) -you can sure make messes but you love to be clean -you get excited about all the little things -you say very sweet prayers (as long as we're all folding our arms the way you tell us to) -you are obsessed with "Cars" and monster trucks -you never fall alseep in the car or watching movies -you are more fun than I ever imagined!!!! Favorite phrases: "you share me" "daddy [will] put me down" "mommy you need to buy some more brownies" "ya ya dawg" "um I need to tell you som'n" "Next time I'll go poo on the potty, I'll put stickers on my chart, we can go to Sea World, and I'll wear underwear" (this NEVER actually happens) "Hey, watch this mommy, I'm soooo silly" "(whisper) lub you" I love you Kolby! Happy 3rd Birthday little man!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday to the worlds handsomest little man!! Quit growing...cause you still need to marry my little girl...where ever she may be:) Love you Kolby!! Happy Birthday!!
Love your Only Auntie Linds

Jessica Kettle said...

this made me sad/happy! what a babe. three?? REALLY?

Julie Barnes said...

Sounds like fun!! 3 already... just proves how fast time fly's by when we are not looking. :)

The Stockdales said...

Aw! he is so big now! And so cute! Believe me though, you'll LOVE having at least one child in school! It's great! LOL! I get a lot more grown-up time now. Hehe! I miss you guys! You need to get Kolby to go potty on the toilet more so you can come to Sea World in San Diego and visit us! Woo hoo! We'd love to see you guys!

Love,

Niki

Texasholly said...

I LOVE this post! And the video of him saying Happy Birthday. Dang, I love that little guy!

Stef said...

you are soooo cute. I love these posts and I'm definatly going to be copying you one my little mans 3rd which is unfortunatly right around the corner. I keep looking at him and can't believe that's the same little 7lb 12 oz baby i brought home. I'll probably be crying just like you. And just like you not knowing if it's happy or sad...probably a mix of the two.