Thursday, September 11, 2008

Land of the Crazies

This is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Basically complete panic all around the area. Standstill traffic, no gas at any gas stations, no milk, no bread, no batteries, no propane, no bottled water, no school. And Ike isn't supposed to hit til Saturday. I've been through a tornado (Ohio), earthquakes and windstorms (Seattle), blizzard (Idaho) and one time my house caught on fire....but this might be my first hurricane. Somehow natural disasters don't have the same sense of adventure when you're the parent. I feel kind of prepared thanks to food storage but I'm still hoping that this one will blow through like all the others... only time will tell.

7 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

I just got on your blog specifically to see if your family was in an area that may be affected by Ike, and then I saw your post. Food storage is a huge blessing. I hope that all works out for your cute little family. I'm sure everything will be a-o-k. If we are prepared we have no need to fear, good job mommy :o).
Erin

Lindsey said...

just remember....Oprah. You're my hero.

Texasholly said...

Yeah, this is actually much more organized than it was for Rita 3 years ago. That was a nightmare. But there was a certain sense of adventure of all of us hunkering down at mom's house. :)

Stephanie said...

I hear ya about the crazies!! I'm stayin put and don't dare go out with them. I'm making my kids sleep with us friday night. call us if you need anything.

~Amanda~ said...

Stay safe and good luck!!!

The Smith Family said...

I hope you bunker down girly--hopefully it will just blow through! Happy late birthday to Kolby--they're getting so big!

The Aprecios said...

Good luck! I really hope for the best. People really panic when they arent prepared!

We'll be praying for your family.