Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"mom, you need to buy some more power"

...says kolby last night after I tell him for the billionth time that you have to have power to turn on lights, watch tv, or listen to mama mia. This afternoon the power finally went back on! I was so excited. So excited that i did two loads of wash, vaccummed, and am now blogging:) Whew! life can get back to normal now. A recap of our huricane experience: *set up tents for a hurricane campout downstairs... *get flashlights for everyone... *act like crazy people at 2am before the storm hits... *Check out the damage the next morning... (fence fell down, cracked window) *Check out the neighborhood... *Call in the clean-up crew... *Get used to no power and some good'ol coleman stove cookin' Now I can say I've been in a hurricane....really not all its cracked up to be. I don't think i want to be in one ever again. Good bye IKE.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you survived and good thing for camping stoves!! That's so crazy those trees just uprooted like that! Welcome back power!

Lindsey said...

those trees are amazing....talk about a good relationship with the grass. I am so glad Mamma mia can play again....poor deprived children:) I am glad you guys are ok...and your clean up crew looks a little young. What is the going rate for children these days? I am calling you tomorrow...It has been far too long.
Ohh I just read somewhere that to permantaly avoid hurricanes...you should move to Utah. Weird huh?

Vudochki said...

I'm so glad you guys are ok. What an experience that must have been.

Julie Barnes said...

You are so cute and creative! Your little children are awesome! Looks like you survived the ikester! YEAH! Glad it is all over. I can't believe those trees fell right on the house!

Stef said...

well i'm glad you guys made it ok! What a mess. I've been through a few hurricaines here in GA and the clean up is always a TON. I can't believe the picture of the house with the 3 trees down and 2 on top the house! CRAZY.

The Powells said...

I'm so glad that you guys came out of that storm okay. I was worried for a bit! I hope that things get back to normal quickly!

Stephanie said...

Yeah for power!! So that was the problem...we all forgot to "buy" our power. So cute. Love how little kids think. You did the same things I did once we got power. We're such moms! I took off to SA for some sanity and no school until mon. Good/crazy pictures of the neighborhood. Oh can I hire your clean up crew? They look like they get the job done!

Frasure Family said...

wow! Glad you are alright! Those pics are neat! What an experience!