Thursday, June 5, 2008

Curiosity Killed the Cat...

...actually it didn't kill the cat it killed the cat's mother!!! I know what you're thinking, who takes pics of toilet paper rolls? It was the last straw today ok. Olivia is a little busy body cruise'n around emptying trash cans, cupboards, shelves of movies, pots of dirt, and now she's discovered how to unravel the toilet paper (she managed to do all of the above in the first hour she was awake). I swear it wasn't that long ago since kolby was in this stage but I suppose i thought i'd only have to go through this once:) When I say no she turns around and smiles at me and does it anyway. How do you keep your child safe, your things from breaking, your plants alive, your house clean, yourself sane, and yet encourage an environment of discovery (as some stupid child developement book probably says)? If you have a solution I'll give you a million dollars. I think we'll be having a lot of "out of the house" outings this summer. "I'm not that innocent" -had to throw in a little brittany:)

5 comments:

Kylee said...

I hear you! It is amazing how sometimes a day can just start out all wrong sometimes. I know it is going to be a long day when I have to put Caden in a time out before 8 (he wakes up around 7), when all the house is a wreck after just picking everything up the night before and Caden is playing in the toilet water again...all in one hour of being awake.

The Aprecios said...

OK, not that pets and kids are the same, but I had a cat that unravled the toilet paper, and I just put it on the bar backwards so that when he went to run with it, it just broke off. Olivia is smarter than the cat, but she may get bored with it if it doesnt unravel.

Anonymous said...

I hate cats...and therefore I cannot comment on this posting. For future reference if you would like me to comment on your blog, please refrain from Cat/Clown comments.

Lindsey said...

I am very interested in the Million Dollar offer. My solution would be. . . . Hire a nanny/maid to keep your house clean and to watch your children while you go and get pedicures/massages/facials and go shopping with your best friend. Does this qualify for the million dollar reward.
Regards,
Best Friend
PS...what kind of sick freak wrote the previous cat comment. Some people!

Jessica said...

I just have to laugh! Sorry but I do...I'm sure you can understand why...Hallie's been discovering our environment too =)