Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confessions of a Mormon Mother

Not to toot my own horn or anything but seriously....look what i did. For those of you who know me well know what a huge accomplishment this is. I baked bread! And no i did not use a bread machine. We're talking, grind your own wheat, knead it, shape it, bake it... the works! Of course i should confess that my mother-in-law was the genius behind it all but i promise to do it all on my own on Sunday. I was really quite pleased for being so domestic until this afternoon when my neighbor made fun of me for duct taping kolby's suit pants since i have no stink'n idea how to hem. So much for being the typical mormon mother!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well you put me to shame!! I don't know how to hem or anything and I don't dare make bread unless its something that can be thawed and cooked. You go girl! P.S...I didn't even notice the duct tape.

Lindsey said...

Duct tape is the "cure all"...there is nothing wrong with a little duct tape here/there and every where. And for the little domestic diva that you are during into...congrats. That is fabulous. I have never been so proud to call you mine. However I do happen to know that you make some killer waffles, italian sodas and Better than &*% cake....Your domestic enough for me:)

Texasholly said...

Dang, I missed the lesson. Mom needs to come over and show me how to use my own wheat grinder. They look yummy, I'm very impressed :)

Kylee said...

I understand the putting duct tape to hem pants. Russ' suit pants really desperately need hemming, but I have no idea how to do it. He finally resorted to putting packing tape on them, but it didn't stick too long. Maybe we should try the duct tape instead! :)

Jenni said...

Wow you even did the grinding? That is amazing! All your pioneer ancestors would be sooo proud!

Stef said...

good job. I have made bread before but never seem to get it quite right. I suppose if it came to eatting not quite right bread or starving I'll take eatting. good job on the bread!

Lindsey and Brett said...

You even ground the wheat!? Holy crap! I would say that even without the hemming ability you are a great Mormon mom. :)

Laura said...

you got me beat!