Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"See ya later Alligator"...

says kolby when i tell him that mommy and daddy are going out of town tomorrow. Yes my friends, the time has come. Its been almost three years and we've decided to have our first getaway. We'll be in San Antonio for a long weekend and i couldn't be more excited! As aweful as it sounds, I'm not gonna lie, I need a break from my kids. I love them, its just I need a break from motherhood in general. Since january 2005 I've been either pregnant or nursing, my kids decided they hate me and never took a bottle. As of two weeks ago, Olivia is officially weaned and I'm sensing a bit of freedom! Basically I want to drive in the car without hearing crying, eat without having to chop up small bits in between each of my bites, wake up by my own free will, and just breathe without constantly worrying if someone is safe and happy and entertained. When I come home i promise to do all of the above with a better attitude. As a side note...i freaked out the other day realizing that since i was no longer prego or nursing i should probably stop eating as if I am. I told Daniel that I was going to get fat. He told me I should exercise twice as much. The correct response would have been, "You look beautiful no matter what" or "You always look hot" or "You've had two children and look great, you don't need to worry about what you eat". Boy was he way off! A lie would have been much better:)

10 comments:

Erin said...

Sabrina- well, I was looking at your blog again and felt like I should write and say that I totally hear you on this one! I too have been pregnant or nursing since September of 2004 and since I just had #3 (yes, the BC has failed me twice) will be doing so for another year probably. I think it is vital that us moms (especially with little ones that are home with you all day long) to get a break. I had big plans on us going on a cruise or something this summer but I keep getting pregnant. Oh well, maybe next summer :). HAVE FUN!

Texasholly said...

Yay! Your first child-free adventure! Tom and I's one night away this weekend was blissful. So blissful that I want to recreate it ASAP. We really need to start a rotating overnight babysitting service.

About Daniel, you have to consider the source. The boy is just plain weird when it comes it diet and exercise! Still, I hope you hit him.

Kylee said...

That is so fun! Enjoy your child free days this weekend. We all need a break, and you are right...it does make us a better parent when we can have some time away. Also, you still look amazing. You can't even tell you have had two children!

Frasure Family said...

have a fun weekend!! I can't wait to have 2 kids and have all the adventures you have! Thanks for your honesty, because I think it will help me be prepared to what is to come!

Lindsey said...

I am so excited for you! Enjoy your little get a way! And thanks to you, I am getting my "birthday" treat from you tomorrow. I can't wait. That is right, I am getting an European Facial first thing tomorrow morning. I will think of you every minute.

Lindsey said...

ps...tell daniel to call me. Talk about a verbal beating....he should be scared.

Dianna said...

Sabrina- you look fabulous! I dream for the day I can looks as good as you after two kids.
I am so excited ya'll are going out of town for a kid free weekend. I love my kid too but some times it is just nice to have a break. Daniel has his half ironman in Georgia this weekend and we're leaving Kinleigh behind.
Just so you know- you can bring those adorable kids to nc any time and i'll watch them for you while you guys go vacation!

The Aprecios said...

My husband does the same thing! When I say "I feel like Im gaining weight" he says "Go to the gym!"

THANKS FOR THAT!!!

When will they learn?

Have fun on your vacation. What is there to do in San Antonio?

The Powells said...

LOL - Steve said just about the same thing to me a while ago. I told him that he should have lied and he said that he thought we had "one of those relationships" where we could be honest. He said that honesty shouldn't hurt each other! LOLOLOLOLOL. I just laughed.

Lindsey and Brett said...

That's funny. I'm sure you look great though. And I'm sure that Daniel meant to say those things. :)