Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Olivia Baby!...the real birthday post:)

A year ago today you were born. When I found out I was pregnant with you I was scared to death! I wondered how in the world I could be a mother of two so soon. But Heavenly Father let me know that you were a girl and from that moment on I couldn't help but smile. I was so excited to meet you I jumped on a trampoline the day before you were born:) You must have been excited to meet me too because you came into this world awfully fast. I cried when I didn't really get to see you because you were rushed to the NICU and looked at the few pics we had over and over. I cried again when I held you, and all the tubes, for the first time. You were tiny to me but amongst the premies you looked huge. That's when everyone started calling you "Little Mama". Now you're a year old and I wonder how time could have flown by so fast. A few of your biggest accomplishments are: -sleeping all night (8pm-8am) -drinking from a sippy cup -feeding yourself with a spoon (well almost) -saying "mama", "dada", daw (dog), and chzzz (cheese) -signing "more" and "eat" -smelling food a mile away -standing unassisted for 2.2 seconds -riding in a forward facing carseat -fitting you hair in two piggie tails -leading music -dancing and "twisting" to music -playing ball -spitting in the sink as you watch mommy brush her teeth -winning over any stranger with your smile and flirty waves You have been such a delight and a blessing to our family. You love people, especially you big brother and have a spunky side that makes me laugh. I love you baby girl. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Dani said...

Wow. You are super mom with those two kids. I still can't imagine having another baby. I totally understand needing the details to be right for the Birthday party. I loved planning the party for James. Mat is great too at just letting me do my thing, even when I'm a little crazy. We are moving down to San Antonio the 30th of June. Mat starts work July 9th. Even though you guys aren't too close it's comforting to know we know SOMEONE in Texas. See ya!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday little Olivia!! And thanks for being born on your aunt lindsey's lucky day!! I love your little pictures....you look so grown up:) I'll see you in a few weeks!!

Texasholly said...

Awww, happy belated birthday, little girl! I love Olivia's grin when she wrinkles her nose. So cute!

Dianna said...

Happy belated birthday Olivia! You are so adorable and I want to see you again!!!!!

Stef said...

I hope i handle my two as well as you do. Your such a great mom! I keep getting more and more nervous because Ethan is so demanding of attention! Happy Birthday olivia! What a doll!

The Smith Family said...

Happy Happy birthday Olivia!! WOW has it been that long already? She is totally adorable!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

hey i saw your message and found you on the kays blog! your kids are beautiful!! Its fun having 2!!