Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm 4 for real?!

Yes Olivia, you are 4 for real today! The whole pre-party thing through you off this year:) You squealed out loud this morning to find out that it was finally your REAl birthday. Off course then you were disgruntled to discover that we would not be having another Tangled party or even inviting friends over...sorry that's what bites the big one about Monday birthdays...life must go on.
Your daddy had to go out of town but he woke up bright and early to leave the traditional birthday breakfast and chocolate milk. He sure loves you!!!
We spent the rest of the day painting pictures, painting our nails, going out to lunch, and then cleaning the house and teaching piano lessons funfun. Of course we squeezed in our "walk down memory lane" bedtime story of all your baby pictures.
As we looked at the photos I couldn't help but think how much I love you!
I love how you are the messiest kid on the block. Seriously for how girlie-girl you are you never let a day go by without playing in some good ol' fashion mud.
I love how you make silly faces and repeat ordinary words over and over until they become hilarious as I fix your hair each day. Today's word was "Subpoena"...seriously we were both crying we were laughing so hard. Go ahead say it aloud 10 times. Funny right?! Still not sure how you even know that word.
I love how you have a little sass. It makes me smirk. Well most of the time...not so much when you tell me that you are right and I am wrong esp. over things like the difference between lunch and dinner:)
I love how you creatively change the subject when you know a lecture is coming. Like when daddy asked you why you cut your own hair and you asked him if he would like some cheese.
I love how clever you are. You were pleased as punch to show you older brother and his preschool class how to tell time:)
I love your good morning hugs and off key origonal songs.
I love having you as my daughter!
Happy (for real) Birthday!
-love mama

3 comments:

Texasholly said...

I told Ellie yesterday that it was Olivia's birthday and we were going to call after school to sing happy birthday! Sorry we were lame and forgot :(
But it sounds like little Ya-ya had a great day. Sure do love that kid!!!

Dianna said...

When I told her HAPPY BIRTHDAY last night she responded with, "it is my REAL birthday!" SO CUTE. Then I had to convince Kinleigh that it really was her REAL birthday we just celebrated it on Saturday. And that she got to pick the movie, pick the zu zu pet, etc.... Isn't that what birthdays are about?!?

Lindsey and Brett said...

She sounds hilarious and she looks adorable. :) Happy birthday, little one.