Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Glorious

Earlier this month my 9 year-old student used this word to describe her appearance.
I believe her exact words were,
"This purple hair extention keeps getting in my face but I don't care because it makes me look glorious!"
Since then it's kinda been my word of the month:)
It comes in handy say when you want to describe the delicious carmel rolls you just made, or to describe the perfect bronze tan you managed to get on your shoulders in one afternoon, or even to describe seeing your husband clean the kitchen when you're just too dang-on tired of cleaning. See? Glorious really does sum it up right?
Amidst all the craziness this month I've miraculously been able to have a few moments of complete and utter contentment.
I love it when things slow down just enough for you to appreciate your family, your health, your life. It really is glorious:)
Here's a few glorious moments in May.
Seeing my baby girl sign for the 1st time, "dog", "banana", "eat", and even "more" as we threw her back and forth across the pool.
Watching the magic of a garden through my children's eyes. And today my fav...constructing our very own waterpark in the back yard. The kiddos decided to refer to everyone as a number at our "waterpark". Olivia= #1, Kolby=#2, Daniel= #3, Me=#4 So I'm sure the neighbors got a fright when they heard 4 people shouting... " Go number 2! Go number 2!" as Kolby flew down the water slide:) teehee. We laughed and giggled as an entire family. There were no distractions. It really was glorious! As I kissed my children good night I told them how much fun I had with them today. They responded, "We had so much fun with you too today, number 4!" See what I mean? Glorious.

3 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Way to go #4....love the post! How much would I have to pay to get into your little water park?

Unknown said...

I love it! This post is Glorious!

Lindsey and Brett said...

But seriously, though. How are you always so cute and creative with your blogs?!