Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sharing isn't Caring....

when its the flu! Luckily Olivia has been kinda enough not to share her germs with anyone else yet but since I've held her vomit in my hand multiple times now to prevent yet another load of laundry I'm really crossing my fingers that the nastiness won't spread. I'm going slightly stir crazy and kolby's never been allowed to watch so many movies. He's actually been a really good helper....running the bath water, throwing olivia's clothes in the laundry, and even making his own pb sandwich today. Now i feel awful for yelling at him to take a nap while i mopped the vomit from my kitchen floor. And my "romantic" hubby got up the first night with Olivia, bathed her, changed the crib sheets (which I loathe doing) and then remembered to record American Idol for me last night so I could sit on my bed and cheer silently:) Today after smelling as much vomit as I'd like to for a life time...I sprayed on a little "very sexy" and although i feel far from sexy, i smell dang good:)

6 comments:

The Mach's said...

Poor you!!! I hate having sick babies! Hang in there, it will pass, and after a couple of weeks you won't smell the vomit anymore--I don't know what it is about that smell, but even when the vomit is long gone, you think you smell whiffs here and there. perfume...spray baby spray!

peterson said...

It's funny we live so far away yet we are going through the same thing. Kenzie was the first to start. I think her friends at church cared enough to shared it with her. she was sick Sunday night and Monday. Then I was sick Tues. & Wed. And Darrin was sick Wed and today. Julie hasn't shown and signs yet hopefully she will be lucky enough not to have to suffer more than she already has, being in a house full of sick people. I also felt so guilty as I put on another movie last night for Kenzie. I just couldn't move.

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

I feel ya man, haven't you had enough of the pukes this year. Every once and a while I will sit down somewhere in my house and be like... smells like vomit. Well that is entirely possible considering we have all had it 3 times and Makenzie had vomited everywhere I swear. I hope you guys are on the ups and that you don't get the flu.

the other lawton's said...

so sad. sorry that baby girl is still puking...i'd offer to do your laundry, but i can't even do mine as my washer is being diffucult. love you.

Jessica said...

uhh, cleaing up throw up is the worst. Way to go Kolby for helping out so much. And I'm glad you got to watch American Idol at least and smell "very sexy" while silently cheering =)

Texasholly said...

Oh, the stomach flu! Last year around this time we all had the rotavirus and it was awful. Here is hoping that Olivia doesn't pass it along. Hope she is feeling better soon! I'll be thinking of you (but certainly won't be showing my face). :)