Monday, February 16, 2009

Romance?

Here's the card (designed by Rosie) that symbolizes my Valentine's Day:)

Friday night we went to a fabulous Valentine party with delicious food and a hillarious game of "NewlyWeds". (no pics bc I'm an idot)

One of the questions asked who the most romantic couple there was. A bunch of people guessed it was daniel and I. I was shocked to say the least bc I certainly don't concider either of us very romantic. We are the worst at suprising each other. We don't even buy each other presents for birthdays and our anniversary, we just go shopping together. I was sure that these people were completely off.

The next morning, you know, Valentine's Day, I was even more convinced of our non-romantic relationship when my hubby informed me he wanted to go running and have some alone time.

Luckily my sis-in-law was also alone and came over to make cookies with the kids. Thanks for saving my mood and probably my hubby's life too:)(see pics)

That afternoon I told my hubby just how unromantic he was. Then he told me that being romantic is all the little things. He did the dishes all day, cleaned the kitchen, changed a nasty poopy diaper, grocery shopped, and make a yummy yummy dinner. He watched a girlie movie with me and even suprised me with a present...3 perfumes.

So no dozen roses or breakfast in bed this year but I suppose that's not really what I wanted afterall. Good thing my husband knows me better than I know myself. I guess that's pretty romantic afterall.

2 comments:

Texasholly said...

I am glad your v-day was salvaged after all! Thanks for letting me come over otherwise that would have been a really LONG day. I emailed you some more pics. I love that last one of Ellie an Kolby! They are the best valentines!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun day!! I told Cory about the needing to be alone thing and he said "I wish I could get away with that". I told him I didn't think Daniel got away with anything. Sounds like he made it up to you and he is right about all the little things being romantic.