Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Playing Paleontologists

ok I don't even know how to spell that word....not sure i'm qualified to teach this to my children. Last Monday, (post yuckiness) the kids and I kicked off our dinosaur week with a Dino-dig. I just gave them spoons and they went to town. Kolby found a piece of an old board and pretended that that was his big bone he discovered. I love this new imaginative play stage that the kids are in together. Although I'm sure anything reguarding dirt would have been just fine with miss olivia!
Don't know why blogger won't let me post this pic horizontal...
Check out this huge bone!
Here Kolby is explaining to me how to dig for dinosuars...

8 comments:

Texasholly said...

Cutest excavators (sp?) ever!

Stephanie said...

what a fun thing. love the pictures and am glad everyone is feeling better :o)

Ryan and Brittany said...

Did he wear his dinosaur jammies every night??

Ryan and Brittany said...

oh hey by the way... nice background... where did you think of such a cute idea?? he he he

Jami Black said...

You are such an awesome mom! Thanks for posting your adventures-you totally inspire me!

Lindsey said...

By definition....a wonderful mother is one who teaches her children about prehistoric times, aka....our good friends the dinosaurs. I am proud to call you family.

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

ooh, that's a good idea, I'll have to steal it for next week. oh how i wish we lived close.