Thursday, February 5, 2009

Here's to being Functional

The other night I read an article called The Functional Family. It talked about the kinds of messages we send our children.
"What messages would you like to intentionally send your children? Do you want them to know that you love them and are thinking about them?..." It then gave a cute idea to tape a note on your child's door to see when they awake.
My hubby tends to get discouraged when he is too busy for family time. With track season about to begin he will be spending less and less evenings with us. I told him about a suggestion in the article and I was pleased to know that he was even listening to me and to see how excited kolby was to have a special note from daddy.

12 comments:

Stef said...

what a cute idea!

Kylee said...

I read that article today! I also loved that idea and can't wait to share it with my husband. I know I would have loved it as a kid to get a note like that. Very cute!

Lindsey said...

Ok....the movie is TOUCHING...not sad. No dying.

MOVIE QUOTE..."Dumb and Dumber"
"Don't you go dying on me now"

Just thought I'd share. After I typed the word Dying....that friendly little quote entered my wee feeble mind. LOVE YOU.

Julie Barnes said...

HEY! I was just reading that article this morning at breakfast! What a great atricle. That is a nice way to start the day, with a little note from Dad. :)

~Amanda~ said...

What a great DAD!!!

Texasholly said...

What a great idea. I'll have to tell Tom about it. We need to start planning our "Coaches' Wives Weekends"

Lindsey and Brett said...

Such a cute idea! I think everyone can appreciate a good note now and then. :) Also, I have not eaten my weight in chocolate yet... but I fully intend to :)

Jessica said...

we liked that article too, we should try the note.

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

That is really cute. I liked that article and thought that was a good idea as well. Good to know you are a functional family. (insert smiley face here) I miss you!

The Smith Family said...

what a darling idea!! I bet Kolby loved getting that note!

Sachiyo said...

i'm glad that i've been so emotional lately that this sweet little note made ma all teary-eyed. My goodness...

Alix said...

So freaking adorable! Although I do not have any children, I appreciate the gesture and will be leaving notes for my sister... to let her know that I can't wait for her to come home from school so I can PLAY with her!
Seriously! That is such a cute idea!